Web based family history software

Question How to include forum under webtrees?

More
8 years 11 months ago #41 by Jackie
Replied by Jackie on topic How to include forum under webtrees?
Hi Morten,

Thank you for your time and efforts. I used your code modifications and they were much appreciated. :-)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• morten
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 11 months ago #42 by morten
Replied by morten on topic How to include forum under webtrees?
You're welcome Jackie. Thanks for your new reply

• morten
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #43 by morten
Replied by morten on topic How to include forum under webtrees?
As said earlier, what I also really wanted to have was a forum menu icon, link the forum directly and display it alone (and not just as one of many blocks under My page). I finally achieved to do this also, following these steps

1. Create a new file named forum.php with the following content and place it in the webtrees top directory
Code:
<?php use WT\Auth; define('WT_SCRIPT_NAME', 'forum.php'); require './includes/session.php'; $controller = new WT_Controller_Page(); $controller ->setPageTitle('Forum') ->pageHeader(); ?> <center> <iframe frameBorder="0" height="570" id ="home" onResize="resizeHandle()" onload="resizeHandle()" style="width:90%;" src="modules_v3/chatb/chat.php?name=<?php echo WT_Filter::escapeHtml(Auth::user()->getRealName()) ; ?>"></iframe> </center>

2. Within the main-menu section of header.php in your theme directory add the 5 lines in the middle below (where you like the forum menu to appear)
Code:
<ul id="main-menu" role="menubar"> . . <li id="menu-forummenu"><a href="forum.php?name=<?php echo WT_Filter::escapeHtml(Auth::user()->getRealName()); ?>">Forum</a> <ul> <li id="menu-forumpage"><a href="forum.php?name=<?php echo WT_Filter::escapeHtml(Auth::user()->getRealName()); ?>">Forum</a></li> </ul> </li> . . </ul>

3. Define desired icons for menu-forummenu (top icon) and menu-forumpage (list icon) in your theme css file

PS! There are two modules called Vytux Menu2 and Vutux Pages availiable (not installed by default) that I think can be used to add new menu items (and handle step 2 and maybe step 3 for you), but I have not tried them yet. Might be handy if you have a lot of themes installed

vytux.com/main/projects/webtrees/vytux_menu2/
vytux.com/main/projects/webtrees/vytux_pages/
Last edit: 8 years 11 months ago by morten.