Web based family history software

This Help forum is for issues relates to the latest release (1.4.6). For issues related to beta or git version please use their own Help forum.
Before asking for help please read "How to request help" by clicking on that tab above here.

Question 1 or n Publication(s) of a genealogy-center

• gbon
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
9 years 7 months ago #1 by gbon
Dear group,

First of all, I love webtrees!

My question: I like to administer my sources. In Holland we have a large center for genealogy: het CBG. They have large databases and I regularly use them. I created a source named "CBG".
This source has thousands of publications. Unfortunately, I can put only 1 publication in my source, for ex. 'Familieadvertenties 1970-2000'.
Is it possible to create a 1:n relationship between source and publication?

I'm using webtrees 1.4.6

Thanks for your help!

Gerrit Bon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bertkoor
  • Away
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Greetings from Utrecht, Holland
More
9 years 7 months ago #2 by bertkoor
Replied by bertkoor on topic 1 or n Publication(s) of a genealogy-center
Hoi Gerrit,

You can use a different structure for this:
* name your source object (Bron) 'Familieadvertenties 1970-2000'
* While viewing the source, you can add a Repository (Opslagplaats) using the list at the bottom of the page (Feit of Gebeurtenis)

This way you have the proper GEDCOM hierarchy of source records which are contained in a repository (usually an archive)

If you don't find the link to add a repository on the Source details page, it's probably easy to fix:
Menu Administration - select your tree - last tab "Opties voor wijzigen" - section "Feiten/gebeurtenissen voor Bronrecords"
check weather "REPO" is in the three lists, and add it if missing. Save & try again...

Succes, en veel plezier met webtrees!!

stamboom.BertKoor.nl runs on webtrees v1.7.13

• gbon
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
9 years 7 months ago #3 by gbon
Hi Bert,

Yes, this seems to work! I also found the REPO in menu Administration in two lists, not in the second list. I added it but the description of this second list seems to mislead me a bit. It seems that adding REPO here makes it unique and that is exactly what i don't want. But still i've to test it with a second publication of cbg.

Thanks for your help,

Gerrit Bon.

• bertkoor
  • Away
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Greetings from Utrecht, Holland
More
9 years 7 months ago #4 by bertkoor
Replied by bertkoor on topic 1 or n Publication(s) of a genealogy-center
"Unique" here means just one occurrence. Should be good, since a source is contained in just one repository. So if you have linked a repository to a source, then webtrees should not offer 'quick links' to add one again. This is designed for events like birth & death that can happen only once a lifetime.
I think i tested this a while ago, and implementation was not what I expected. I'll need to test it again for the current version.
Anyway, I found it does no harm to put the event code in all lists.

stamboom.BertKoor.nl runs on webtrees v1.7.13