Web based family history software

This Help forum is for issues relates to the latest release (1.4.6). For issues related to beta or git version please use their own Help forum.
Before asking for help please read "How to request help" by clicking on that tab above here.

Question Deux frères sans parents

• Michel
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #1 by Michel
Deux frères sans parents was created by Michel
Bonjour,

Je souhaiterais savoir comment faire pour lier deux individus en tant que frères, sans créer la famille avec leurs parents.
Deux sœurs de mon arbre se sont en effet mariées à deux frères. Je ne désire pas créer une famille avec parents pour les deux frères, mais je voudrais faire apparaitre le lien de parenté entre les deux frères.
Merci d'avance.
Michel

Google translation to English:
Hello, I would like to know how to bind two individuals as brothers without creating family with their parents. Two sisters of my tree are married to two brothers effect. I do not want to create a family with parents to the two brothers, but I would bring up the relationship between the two brothers. Thanks in advance. Michel
Last edit: 9 years 7 months ago by ToyGuy. Reason: add Google translation

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• ToyGuy
  • Live like it's Christmas every day - Santa Stephen
More
9 years 7 months ago #2 by ToyGuy
Replied by ToyGuy on topic Deux frères sans parents
Michel
It is the FAM record that creates a bond in the GEDCOM standard.

0 @F1@ FAM is the first FAM record. Within that record, links to INDI's who serve particular roles belong.
1 HUSB @I12@
1 WIFE @I14@
1 CHIL @I16@
1 CHIL @I18@

then the reciprocal link within the INDI record creates the link back to any FAM members listed above
0 INDI @I16@
1 FAMC @F1@
This INDI record would affirm that INDI I16 is a child within the F1 family.

To create a family, one has to either add a child to a parent or add a parent to a child. After you have created the 0 @Fxx@ record, you can delete the INDI that you created, but you should use the FAM record to "change family members" and add the brothers or sisters first.

Santa Stephen the Fabled Santa
Latest webtrees at MyArnolds.com
Hosted by webtreesonline.com , a division of GeneHosts LLC
MacOS 10.6.8, Apache 2.2+, PHP 5.4.16, MySQL 5.5.28

More
9 years 7 months ago #3 by fisharebest
Replied by fisharebest on topic Deux frères sans parents
Yes, you can have a family with no parents and two children.
But, to create this family, you must first create the parents - and then delete them. Only the children will remain.
--
Oui, vous pouvez avoir une famille sans parents et deux enfants.
Mais, pour créer cette famille, vous devez d'abord créer des parents - et puis les supprimer. Seuls les enfants resteront.

Greg Roach - greg@subaqua.co.uk - @fisharebest@phpc.social - fisharebest.webtrees.net

• Michel
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
9 years 7 months ago #4 by Michel
Replied by Michel on topic Deux frères sans parents
Hi,
Sorry for the delay, but Thanks you.
It works fine.
Michel