Web based family history software

This Help forum is for issues relates to the latest release (1.5.x). For issues related to beta or github version please use their own Help forum.
Before asking for help please read "How to request help" by clicking on that tab above here.

Question Custom Tags on Level 2

• Peter_S
  • Topic Author
  • Away
More
10 years 4 months ago - 10 years 4 months ago #1 by Peter_S
Custom Tags on Level 2 was created by Peter_S
Hello together,

first of all many thanks to the developers who give up their time to continue the development for a software like webtrees constantly. Thanks to all who are involved in release 1.5.0.

Now my question: webtrees assists many custom tags which are used by other genealogical programs. These tags are shown in the UI and it is possible to edit them when they are part of the raw GEDCOM.

What's to do if I want to integrate custom tags on level 2 like INDI.CHR._GODP or FAM.MARR._WITN permanent?

Best regards
Peter

Peter

webtrees 2.1.19, vesta modules, chart modules of magicsunday, extended family and imprint of hartenthaler
PHP 8.2.4, MariaDB 10.3.38
Webhosting: genonline.de
Last edit: 10 years 4 months ago by Peter_S.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Peter_S
  • Topic Author
  • Away
More
10 years 4 months ago #2 by Peter_S
Replied by Peter_S on topic Custom Tags on Level 2

Peter_S wrote: What's to do if I want to integrate custom tags on level 2 like INDI.CHR._GODP or FAM.MARR._WITN permanent?

Any idea or statement?

Best regards
Peter

Peter

webtrees 2.1.19, vesta modules, chart modules of magicsunday, extended family and imprint of hartenthaler
PHP 8.2.4, MariaDB 10.3.38
Webhosting: genonline.de

• bertkoor
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Greetings from Utrecht, Holland
More
10 years 4 months ago #3 by bertkoor
Replied by bertkoor on topic Custom Tags on Level 2
Not directly what you ask for, but the two examples you give already have semi-standard gedcom ways to record these in webtrees. Each event entry screen has an "Associate" section at the bottom you can expand and select other persons who are already in your database. Examples in raw GEDCOM:
Code:
1 BAPM 2 DATE 01 JAN 1797 2 ASSO @I2853@ 3 RELA godparent
Code:
1 MARR 2 DATE 10 JUL 1824 2 ASSO @I2853@ 3 RELA witness

This has the advantage that on the related person these events also show up when "Events of close relatives" is ticked.
If these persons are not in your database as individuals, or you don't want them to be individuals, personally I'd simply put that in a NOTE.

If you want a permanent solution to your specific non-standard tags, you can always change the php code.
There's a Feature Request for example to add the RELI tag on all religious events (baptisms, christening, burial ceremonies) but even while it's standard GEDCOM that hasn't been implemented yet in webtrees due to the low demand.

A new feature of v1.5 is that you can go directly into the raw gedcom section of the event while you're in the event entry screen. So that's also a work-around. There's one member here that has set up his own raw GEDCOM templates he pastes in each time.

stamboom.BertKoor.nl runs on webtrees v1.7.13

• bertkoor
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Greetings from Utrecht, Holland
More
10 years 4 months ago - 10 years 4 months ago #4 by bertkoor
Replied by bertkoor on topic Custom Tags on Level 2
Addition: you can add extra Level 2 tags to event entry screens. The feature request for the RELI tag for example, I just discovered this is already prepared (commented out) in the file includes/config_data.php at the bottom.

The ones you need could be implemented as follows by expanding the structure in config_data.php:
Code:
'_GODP'=>array( 'CHR', ), '_WITN'=>array( 'MARR', ),

If you'd chose to go this route, you'd have to do this change after every upgrade (supposedly every 6 weeks or so.)

Also you'd get just one occurrence to fill, while there can be more than one witness or godparent. The solution using Associated individuals doesn't have that limit, you can add as many related persons as you like (might require to save the event and extend it again)

stamboom.BertKoor.nl runs on webtrees v1.7.13
Last edit: 10 years 4 months ago by bertkoor.