Web based family history software

This Help forum is for issues relates to the latest release (1.5.x). For issues related to beta or github version please use their own Help forum.
Before asking for help please read "How to request help" by clicking on that tab above here.

Question my ancestors are undead...

• andrkac
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
9 years 11 months ago #1 by andrkac
my ancestors are undead... was created by andrkac
There is a setting somewhere in webtrees - for people without date of death. If they have are more than 120(in my tree) years old, webtrees thinks they are dead. And this is ok.
But it doesn't work in Statistics (statistics.php). So in the table "Oldest living individuals" I have people almost 250 years old :)

I know, that I can set checkboxes, that they are dead, but if there is the setting, it should work.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• thomas52
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Western North Carolina
More
9 years 11 months ago #2 by thomas52
Replied by thomas52 on topic my ancestors are undead...
Suggest you go to Admin > Batch Update > "Add missing death records" -- This will give you the option to add "Death: Yes" to everyone shown alive after 120 years, either individually or collectively.

"Failure is an amazing teacher." (L'échec est un professeur extraordinaire.)

• fisharebest
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
9 years 11 months ago #3 by fisharebest
Replied by fisharebest on topic my ancestors are undead...
The oldest "living" person in my tree is 1164 years old ;-)

If we ignored "living" people over 120, then my stats would simply tell me that I have lots of people who are 119 years and 11 months old. This is surely as incorrect and meaningless as my 1164 year olds.

So, I'm not sure what we'd gain by this change. The stats would still be wrong - and probably a great deal slower.

Greg Roach - greg@subaqua.co.uk - @fisharebest@phpc.social - fisharebest.webtrees.net