Web based family history software

This Help forum is for issues relates to the latest release (1.5.x). For issues related to beta or github version please use their own Help forum.
Before asking for help please read "How to request help" by clicking on that tab above here.

Question Change of imported incorrect "Last updated date"

• Bjarke
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 8 months ago - 9 years 8 months ago #1 by Bjarke
I have to webtrees imported a Gedcom file with some incorrect dates last in change records (dates i 2099).

The webtrees main statistics and "last 7 day changes" therefore tells the the last changes have been done 18 January 2099.

Is seems that the change date of a record is corrected if I edit it in webtrees and save them. But there are houndreds of them - are there an easier way to do it (a correction from 2099 to 1999 would be fine) ?

I could find out handling it in MySQL if I know where to find the field - but would prefere to do it directly in webtrees if possible.

Br, Bjarke
Last edit: 9 years 8 months ago by Bjarke.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 8 months ago #2 by Jackie
Hello Bjarke,

How about using :

Administration -> Batch update -> Search and Replace ->

More
9 years 8 months ago - 9 years 8 months ago #3 by Jackie
Hello Bjarke,

You may also use the function "Search and Replace" of NotePad++. Simply export your GEDCOM file, then open it in NotePad and run the function. After you are finished re-import your GEDCOM file to your webtrees installation.
Last edit: 9 years 8 months ago by Jackie.

More
9 years 8 months ago - 9 years 8 months ago #4 by Jackie
Hi,

Just to add..

Be careful if you use a string such as: 2 DATE dd mm yyyy
.. that string shows at different fields for dates of events, etc.

The date for CHANges is located just after the GEDCOM 1 CHAN (see below in bold)

0 @F1000@ FAM
1 HUSB @I2965@
1 WIFE @I2972@
1 CHIL @I2973@
1 CHIL @I2974@
1 CHIL @I2975@
1 CHIL @I10374@
1 CHIL @I11671@
1 MARR
2 DATE 22 OCT 1731
2 PLAC Longue-Pointe, Montréal, Québec, Canada
2 SOUR @S7@
1 CHAN
2 DATE 31 DEC 2010
3 TIME 18:35:03

• Bjarke
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 8 months ago #5 by Bjarke
First, thanks for the great advises.

I considered doing the changes in the gedcom file. But I have added pictures to persons in webtrees. I can see the pictures are still in the data/media folder after import of a new gedcom file. But I dont know a way to keep or reestablish the "link" from person to the pictures in the data/media folder after import of a updated gedcom.

I am not able to use "Administration -> Batch update -> Search and Replace" due to "Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted". This may be a combination of restriction of the provider (one.com) and a large tree (240.000 persons). I may start another thread if I need this function.

More
9 years 8 months ago #6 by vytux
Guessing you didn't follow the instructions of exporting the GEDCOM file and then modifying it. As that would have exported the media links.

Vytautas

webtrees 1.7.9 (MODS: vytux_cousins, vytux_gallery3, vytux_pages, fancy_imagebar, fancy_treeview, Ancestral fan chart)
PHP 7.1.2, MySQL 5.7.17 x86_64 GPL, Nginx (mainline)
ged.vytux.com
Help translate Vytux Modules at translate.vytux.com/

More
9 years 8 months ago - 9 years 8 months ago #7 by Jackie

vytux wrote: Guessing you didn't follow the instructions of exporting the GEDCOM file and then modifying it. As that would have exported the media links.

Hello

vytux,

To my knowledge, there is no instructions for the function "Export". When you click on the link "Export", webtrees simply exports your complete gedcom file to the data folder. I suspect that you mixed "Export" with "Download". "Download" offers you to "Add the GEDCOM media path to filenames".

Actually, Bjarke can't use download function because of his 240 000 individuals and memory limitations. He has two choices: GEDCOM Export and a SQL dump which he can import in a local installation of webtrees.
Bjarke,

Did you keep a backup before making any change?

You can install webtrees on a local server like Xampp or Wamp or Mamp(MAC). Then, you will not have same limitation of memory and "Search and replace" should properly work. After correction, you export a GEDCOM locally then import it to your online website.

More
9 years 8 months ago - 9 years 8 months ago #8 by Jackie
Hello Bjarke,

...I can see the pictures are still in the data/media folder after import of a new gedcom file..

A GEDCOM file does not contain your .jpeg (.png, .gif or whatever) files, but your media links. Your media links will be listed at the end of your .ged file and will look like:

0 @M98@ OBJE
1 FILE d_gibouleau_adrien-1986.jpg
2 FORM jpeg
3 TYPE document
2 TITL Décès Adrien Gibouleau 1915-1986
1 _PRIM N
1 CHAN
2 DATE 17 JUL 2014
3 TIME 00:07:40
2 _WT_USER xxxx

More
9 years 8 months ago #9 by Jackie

Jackie wrote:

vytux wrote: Guessing you didn't follow the instructions of exporting the GEDCOM file and then modifying it. As that would have exported the media links.

Hello

vytux,

To my knowledge, there is no instructions for the function "Export". When you click on the link "Export", webtrees simply exports your complete gedcom file to the data folder. I suspect that you mixed "Export" with "Download". "Download" offers you to "Add the GEDCOM media path to filenames".

Actually, Bjarke can't use download function because of his 240 000 individuals and memory limitations. He has two choices: GEDCOM Export and a SQL dump which he can import in a local installation of webtrees.
Bjarke,

Did you keep a backup before making any change?

You can install webtrees on a local server like Xampp or Wamp or Mamp(MAC). Then, you will not have same limitation of memory and "Search and replace" should properly work. After correction, you export a GEDCOM locally then import it to your online website.

• Bjarke
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 8 months ago #10 by Bjarke
vytux,
I am new to webtrees and surely I can have missed some instructions though I am trying to read them carefully :-)
But the gedcom file with the wrong dates came without the media links from another system (I have added the pictures in webtrees).

Jackie,
Yes, I do secure backups before major changes :-)
I had success to export the Webtree, FTP download it to my PC and afterwards upload it again.
I did not install the local server - but thanks for the great tip. I think I will do it one day to see if it solves the mentioned memory error message.

Most important: the problem is solved. Thanks for your help !

More
9 years 8 months ago - 9 years 8 months ago #11 by Jackie
Hello Bjarke,

I did not install the local server - but thanks for the great tip. I think I will do it one day to see if it solves the mentioned memory error message.

Yes, it solves the "memory error". You may need to modify the php.ini file of Xampp (or Wamp). Depending on your computer RAM, you may increase the default memory in php.ini file.

EDIT : see post #24 of that thread:
www.webtrees.net/index.php/fr/forum/4-cu...ancy-tree-view#45043