This Help forum is for issues relates to the latest release (1.0). For issues related to beta or svn version please use their own Help forum.
When requesting help please provide as much information as possible. Explain what version of webtrees, PHP and MYSQL you are using. If possible provide a URL to your site so we can see the problem first-hand.
Tip: Think about putting these details in your signature, so it appears in the footer of ALL your messages
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Where can I find the config file? 10 years 2 months ago #1

• Dirk
  • Dirk's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi all,

I have just finished installing webtrees and I have migrated my data from PGV 4.2.0 across. I have run into a few issues, which I hope I will be able to sort with your support.
Well, the first issue is self-inflicted and it means that I can not access webtrees any more roght now. Foolishly I have changed the default path in the configuration menu, so now when I try to access herberichfamily.com/webtrees it automatically appends the wrong path.
Where can I find the config file, so that I can manually correct the path again?

Thanks in advance for your help,
Kind Regards,

Dirk

P.S.: Answers can be either in English or German

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: Where can I find the config file? 10 years 2 months ago #2

• Jackie
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Hi,

You may find some information on the following wiki page (see configuration) :

wiki.webtrees.net/Category:FAQs

Last edit: by Jackie.

Re: Where can I find the config file? 10 years 2 months ago #3

• Dirk
  • Dirk's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Thank you Jackie!

Clearing the SERVER_URL row from the wt_site_setting table in the database has done the trick.

Let's see what havoc I can cause next ;-).

Thanks!

Dirk

Re: Where can I find the config file? 10 years 2 months ago #4

• fisharebest
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
This is an easy mistake to make.

So, for webtrees 1.1.0, it is only possible to select a SERVER_URL setting if you already visiting your site using that exact URL.
Greg Roach - This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. - fisharebest.webtrees.net

• Page: