If you need to upgrade your PGV installation, then hopefully you will also consider that you can conveniently move to webtrees with our PGV-to-webtrees wizard. It will move ALL your users, news, favorites and family trees to webtrees in a matter of minutes.

TOPIC: Fatal error during PGV migration

Fatal error during PGV migration 6 years 2 weeks ago #1

• ockham
Hi,

I've recently installed webtrees 1.3.2 and am now trying to migrate my PGV 4.3.2 database to it (which BTW required me to apply the fix described here in order to get the wizard started). I believe that all prerequisites outlined in the migration wiki page and FAQ are fulfilled, and the migration process seems to start okay.
However, it doesn't finish migration; instead, it stops during the pgv_users => wt_user_gedcom_setting ... phase and produces the following error:
ERROR 8: Undefined index: 1
0 Error occurred on line 163 of file Tree.php in function get
1 called from line 554 of file admin_pgv_to_wt.php

Notice: Undefined index: 1 in /var/www/myname/html/wt/library/WT/Tree.php on line 163

Fatal error: Call to a member function userPreference() on a non-object in /var/www/myname/html/wt/admin_pgv_to_wt.php on line 554

Looks like a bug to me... Any help appreciated!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Fatal error during PGV migration 6 years 2 weeks ago #2

• norwegian_sardines
  • Gold
Ken
Last Edit: 6 years 2 weeks ago by norwegian_sardines.

Fatal error during PGV migration 6 years 2 weeks ago #3

• fisharebest
  • Administrator
I *think* this was a bug that appeared in 1.3.2, and has since been fixed.

Can I suggest you install 1.3.1, then run the import wizard, then upgrade to 1.3.2
Greg Roach - This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. - fisharebest.webtrees.net

Fatal error during PGV migration 6 years 2 weeks ago #4

• ockham
Ken, Greg, thank you both for your quick replies.

Greg, I've now compared the line in question to the current state of the bzr repo in Launchpad, and I think they're identical -- both use userPreference() as a member function of WT_Tree::get($id), (there are actually two more occurences of WT_Tree::get($id)->userPreferences in admin_pgv_to_wt.php), so it seems this is still unfixed in current bzr.

BTW I've searched the forums for that error; this post seems to indicate that another occurrence of a similar issue has been fixed earlier.

As uploading webtrees 1.3.1 and then 1.3.2 to my server via sluggish FTP is sort of a nightmare, I'd like to ask if there's possibly an easy fix to the 1.3.2 code that I can apply myself?

Fatal error during PGV migration 6 years 2 weeks ago #5

• ToyGuy
  • Live like it's Christmas every day - Santa Stephen
Reloading 1.3.2 will not be necessary, just move it to a named folder. After you install via 1.3.1 you can upgrade by replacing all the files except those noted in an upgrade (/data, /media being usually the two).

The changes were significant enough to warrant doing the install via 1.3.1. Sorry.
Santa Stephen the Fabled Santa
Latest webtrees at MyArnolds.com
Hosted by webtreesonline.com, a division of GeneHosts LLC
MacOS 10.6.8, Apache 2.2+, PHP 5.4.16, MySQL 5.5.28

Fatal error during PGV migration 6 years 2 weeks ago #6

• ockham
Okay, installed 1.3.1 and successfully ran the wizard, then upgraded to 1.3.2. Thanks for your help, everybody!

On a sidenote, may I suggest that webtrees developers test the PGV migration wizard before a release? All in all, I was facing three migration wizard related issues along the way (the one I had already solved when starting this thread, the one this thread is about, and the third one being that one), which might scare off a newbie a bit; plus I think none of them are mentioned in the wiki. Also, the nature of those bugs might have even indicated a 1.3.2.1 bug fix release...

Fatal error during PGV migration 6 years 2 weeks ago #7

• fisharebest
  • Administrator
may I suggest that webtrees developers test the PGV migration wizard before a release

It's on the checklist - wiki.webtrees.net/How_to_create_a_webtrees_release

But during this particular release, I was short of time so I skipped that step :-(
Greg Roach - This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. - fisharebest.webtrees.net
Moderators: makitso