If you need to upgrade your PGV installation, then hopefully you will also consider that you can conveniently move to webtrees with our PGV-to-webtrees wizard. It will move ALL your users, news, favorites and family trees to webtrees in a matter of minutes.

TOPIC: transfer from pgv 4.1.3 to webtree

transfer from pgv 4.1.3 to webtree 4 years 3 weeks ago #1

• adrimaxi
Dear All,
I have decided to get a real website to my webtree. Therefore I bought a domain and a simple host at gandi.
Now I would like to transfer my website in pgv 4.1.3 to webtree.
How should I do?
Regards
Adrien
The administrator has disabled public write access.

transfer from pgv 4.1.3 to webtree 4 years 3 weeks ago #2

• ToyGuy
  • Live like it's Christmas every day - Santa Stephen
Either way, do a fresh installation of webtrees on your new host. Then, do the PGV-to-WT transfer by setting up the webtrees installation on your current host, then backup the new MySQL db and use it to import it into the new server. This of course is only necessary if you wish to retain your settings, favorites, messages and users. Otherwise, set up a fresh installation of webtrees and import your family tree file (GEDCOM) for a new start with the old data.
Santa Stephen the Fabled Santa
Latest webtrees at MyArnolds.com
Hosted by webtreesonline.com, a division of GeneHosts LLC
MacOS 10.6.8, Apache 2.2+, PHP 5.4.16, MySQL 5.5.28

transfer from pgv 4.1.3 to webtree 4 years 3 weeks ago #3

• fisharebest
  • Administrator
How should I do?

1) Transfer the database. e.g. use phpMyAdmin "export" and "import".
2) Transfer the files. .eg. use a FTP client (such as FileZilla) to download the files to your PC, and upload them to the new server
3) Update the database configuration in /data/config.ini.php to connect to your the database on the new server
Greg Roach - This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. - fisharebest.webtrees.net
Last Edit: 4 years 3 weeks ago by fisharebest.
Moderators: makitso