If you need to upgrade your PGV installation, then hopefully you will also consider that you can conveniently move to webtrees with our PGV-to-webtrees wizard. It will move ALL your users, news, favorites and family trees to webtrees in a matter of minutes.

TOPIC: Database error

Database error 3 years 13 hours ago #1

• sarexpert
Hi I am converting PHPgedView 4.2.4 to webtrees 1.7.1.
Last year I had started with ver 1.5.2, but the import did not work. I found a missing e-mail address in the users.
I set it aside and just got to it again, and upgraded by expanding a tarball of webtrees 1.71 over the old ver 1.5.2 webtrees as suggested in the updates howto.
I ran the conversion app on the PHPGedView database after I had removed the user with no e-mail.

It imported without errors.

When I log into webtrees it has this error: SQLSTATE[23000]: Integrity constraint violation: 1062 Duplicate entry '2-M12' for key 'PRIMARY'

suggestions on what to do. I am not afraid to do a directed edit in PHPmyAdmin if necessary.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Database error 3 years 12 hours ago #2

• fisharebest
  • Administrator
I guess that you ran the migration twice.

The first time failed to copy users - but suceeded in copying genealogy data.
The second time it copied everything.

This could cause duplicate data, which would explain your error.

I suggest you delete all your webtrees tables (wt_XXXX) and run the installation/migration again.
Greg Roach - This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. - fisharebest.webtrees.net
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Moderators: makitso