If you need to upgrade your PGV installation, then hopefully you will also consider that you can conveniently move to webtrees with our PGV-to-webtrees wizard. It will move ALL your users, news, favorites and family trees to webtrees in a matter of minutes.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Cannot import GEDCOM or migrate from phpGedView, duplicate entry for key primary 1 month 5 days ago #1

• SoftwareGuy
  • SoftwareGuy's Avatar Topic Author
  • New
  • New
Hi.

A client of mine wants to migrate from phpGedView to WebTrees, and I need to get this working ASAP. I am following the migration guide from phpGedView to WebTrees 1.7.x, then to 2.x.x.

The original system running phpGedView 4.2.x is completely broken on a newer version of PHP (5.6 spams with preg_replace complaints). I have applied some ducktape fixes (such has nullifying the administration checks because it cannot authenicate any user even with correct username and password) to get in and be able to export and get things migrated.

I have been able to export the GEDCOM file from phpGedView fine (sans some PHP warnings of it trying to unlink stuff).
However, whenever I try to import the GEDCOM file into webtrees or use the wizard to convert from phpGedView to WebTrees 1.7.x, this error message appears:
SQLSTATE[23000]: Integrity constraint violation: 1062 Duplicate entry 'I707-3' for key 'PRIMARY'

I cannot for the life of me figure out where in the database is the duplicate, I looked in the SQL output that phpMyAdmin generated and I cannot see any "duplicated" rows in the same table. Is there some sort of debug mode I can enable or something I can do to have the system tell me what the heck is going on and how it's running into a duplicate row?

As this is for a client, I appreciate a quick response as I'm against the clock.

Cheers.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Cannot import GEDCOM or migrate from phpGedView, duplicate entry for key primary 1 month 5 days ago #2

• fisharebest
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
Take a look in the GEDCOM file.

Do you have more than one record I707 (or i707).

If you are not familiar with GEDCOM files, you are looking for lines that begin

0 @I707@
Greg Roach - This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. - fisharebest.webtrees.net

Cannot import GEDCOM or migrate from phpGedView, duplicate entry for key primary 1 month 5 days ago #3

• SoftwareGuy
  • SoftwareGuy's Avatar Topic Author
  • New
  • New
Thanks, after writing the initial request I took a look at the GED file, and sure enough for some reason the GED file had a duplicate entry.
Patching the file and importing fixed the issue.

Solved... for now.

• Page: