Web based family history software

If you need to upgrade your PGV installation, then hopefully you will also consider that you can conveniently move to webtrees with our PGV-to-webtrees wizard. It will move ALL your users, news, favorites and family trees to webtrees in a matter of minutes.

Question The specified directory does not contain an instal

• thomas52
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Western North Carolina
More
13 years 2 months ago #1 by thomas52
While attempting to convert from PGV, I get: The specified directory does not contain an installation of PhpGedView.
The PGV installation is in my root directory, and I am installing webtrees to a directory of that name.
I have tried a number of variations: a9.net, www.a9.net , www.a9.net , www.a9.net/public_html , /public_html/, etc. but webtrees insists there is no PGV installed.
What am I doing wrong?

"Failure is an amazing teacher." (L'échec est un professeur extraordinaire.)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• ToyGuy
  • Live like it's Christmas every day - Santa Stephen
More
13 years 2 months ago #2 by ToyGuy
Did you try the relative directory (if the same as your PGV), ./PhpGedView (or whatever the name of the directory under the root is)

See forum post:
webtrees.net/forums/10-help-for-ver-10-l...er-installation#4366

Santa Stephen the Fabled Santa
Latest webtrees at MyArnolds.com
Hosted by webtreesonline.com , a division of GeneHosts LLC
MacOS 10.6.8, Apache 2.2+, PHP 5.4.16, MySQL 5.5.28

More
13 years 2 months ago #3 by kiwi
To add to Stephen's reply...

webtrees installer looks for the location of PGV relative to itself. So, it sounds like you have set the two up side-by-side, so you need to go back up one level, then across to the PGV directory. So, as Stephen said, you just need
Code:
./phpgedview
(assuming phpgedview is the name of your PGV directory). It sounds too simple, I know, but that's the beauty of webtrees. Most converts from PGV struggle to understand or believe how much easier it is :-)))

• thomas52
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Western North Carolina
More
13 years 2 months ago #4 by thomas52
Thanks, Kiwi. Actually, my PGV is in the root directory and WT was going into a directory of that name. The installation would ONLY accept the "../"

"Failure is an amazing teacher." (L'échec est un professeur extraordinaire.)