Web based family history software

This Help forum is for issues relates to the latest release (1.1.x). For issues related to beta or svn version please use their own Help forum.
When requesting help please provide as much information as possible. Explain what version of webtrees, PHP and MYSQL you are using. If possible provide a URL to your site so we can see the problem first-hand.
Tip: Think about putting these details in your signature, so it appears in the footer of ALL your messages

Question The new interactive tree

• tekfix
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
12 years 11 months ago - 12 years 11 months ago #1 by tekfix
The new interactive tree was created by tekfix
The new interactive tree in version 1.1.2 is very nice. An excellent improvement!

One problem: I now tried to look at a tree for my great grandfather, and noticed that not all descendants in the youngest (6th) generation show up in the tree. A few does but not even all with the same year of birth. The 5th generation and all the others are complete in the tree. Looking at the tree for my father shows all his descendants. Looking at the tree for may grandfather makes the youngest generation of my fathers descendants disappear, but shows some of my uncles and aunts descandants in that same youngest generation. Going further back to my great grandfathers tree makes even more disappear from the youngest generation. Very curious.

I tried to look at the families who's children do not appear, and couldn't find anything wrong there - the relationships are ok. All generations show up complete in reports etc.

Is there some limitations/configuration for amount of generations or amount of people that can be shown in the tree? Or is there a bug?
Last edit: 12 years 11 months ago by tekfix.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• dxradio
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
12 years 11 months ago #2 by dxradio
Replied by dxradio on topic Re: The new interactive tree
Yes it looks nicer, but it draws off to the right of the browser window ... the first third of the width of the window is blank except for the icon button bar, the framed interactive tree is off to the right. The browser's horizontal scroll bar doesn't help. If I click and drag the framed interactive tree and drag it left to the left hand side of the browser window, it then draws more generations and again ends off the edge of the right hand side.

Also if I click on a marriage couple to show more details, then click again to hide that extra detail ... I then get really strange re-positioning when I click the "centre" alignment icon in the button bar ... in fact clicking that button twice means I lose sight totally of the interactive tree as it's gone down and to the right and disappeared.

Mark

• ToyGuy
  • Live like it's Christmas every day - Santa Stephen
More
12 years 11 months ago #3 by ToyGuy
Replied by ToyGuy on topic Re: The new interactive tree
Mark
Unfortunately, the IA Tree is a bit buggy on Mac OS-X. It could be similar to other issues that remain, including SAVE on Google Map street view, where javascripts seem to conflict (there are several other instances in other modules, all have active bug reports). I don't use the new IA Tree as it contains too many configurations and I can't explain it simply to my users, but was aware of some issues.

Santa Stephen the Fabled Santa
Latest webtrees at MyArnolds.com
Hosted by webtreesonline.com , a division of GeneHosts LLC
MacOS 10.6.8, Apache 2.2+, PHP 5.4.16, MySQL 5.5.28