This Help forum is for issues relates to the latest release (1.1.x). For issues related to beta or svn version please use their own Help forum.
When requesting help please provide as much information as possible. Explain what version of webtrees, PHP and MYSQL you are using. If possible provide a URL to your site so we can see the problem first-hand.
Tip: Think about putting these details in your signature, so it appears in the footer of ALL your messages
  • Page:

TOPIC: Getting person's ID number

Getting person's ID number 8 years 11 months ago #1

• Boomn4x4
  • Boomn4x4's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
What is the easiest way to get a person's ID number. The problem that I'm running into is that I have to go and search for a ID# when a user registers an account so that I can attach them to their record. Right now, I've been pulling up a report and typing in their name an letting Auto Fill bring up the ID#, then copy/pasting it back.

Is there an easier way to go about this.

Also, I think the Auto Fill should work this same way in the Admin Control Panel.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: Getting person's ID number 8 years 11 months ago #2

• erostew
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I normally just go to their page and then copy/paste from the url. It's fairly quick.

I agree that it would be nice to have autocomplete for that. If I recall correctly the original PGV admin did have autocomplete but that seems to have been dropped at some point in webtrees.

Re: Getting person's ID number 8 years 11 months ago #3

• ToyGuy
  • Live like it's Christmas every day - Santa Stephen
Michael
It is intended to do so, as it is intended to restore the lookup we previously had before going to 'inline editing'. However, we have not yet found a way to include it with the inline editing. Still looking. Fortunately, even on my 400+ user site, this is a pretty infrequent event and pretty easy to look up and snag from the URL after a search.
Santa Stephen the Fabled Santa
Latest webtrees at MyArnolds.com
Hosted by webtreesonline.com , a division of GeneHosts LLC
MacOS 10.6.8, Apache 2.2+, PHP 5.4.16, MySQL 5.5.28

Re: Getting person's ID number 8 years 11 months ago #4

• fisharebest
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
Greg Roach - This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. - fisharebest.webtrees.net

Re: Getting person's ID number 8 years 11 months ago #5

• Boomn4x4
  • Boomn4x4's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Never noticed it in the URL, that will be helpful.

Thanks.

• Page: