Web based family history software

This Help forum is for issues relates to the latest release (1.1.x). For issues related to beta or svn version please use their own Help forum.
When requesting help please provide as much information as possible. Explain what version of webtrees, PHP and MYSQL you are using. If possible provide a URL to your site so we can see the problem first-hand.
Tip: Think about putting these details in your signature, so it appears in the footer of ALL your messages

Question Fatal error - Recent changes ?

• Jackie
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
13 years 2 weeks ago - 13 years 2 weeks ago #1 by Jackie
Fatal error - Recent changes ? was created by Jackie
Hi,

I can not use the block Recent changes because of a Fatal error. It is due to merging records I did recently. All those changes don't need to be shown. They concerned only merging identical sources to only one.

My question is : How could I delete all changes (over 14 000) made that specific day in order to be able to use the block Recent changes again ?
Last edit: 13 years 2 weeks ago by Jackie.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Jackie
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
13 years 2 weeks ago - 13 years 2 weeks ago #2 by Jackie
Replied by Jackie on topic Re: Fatal error - Recent changes ?
Hi,

[strike]Forget about that question. I found the answer myself.[/strike]

I still have the error though when I try to show the block Recent changes

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 67108864 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 1475506 bytes) in /home/gazaille/public_html/tetreaugenealogie.org/includes/functions/functions_print_lists.php on line 1483

More
13 years 2 weeks ago - 13 years 2 weeks ago #3 by kiwi
Replied by kiwi on topic Re: Fatal error - Recent changes ?
I can think of two solutions (apart from lots more memory :-)) )
The Recent changes block has a configuration option for "Number of days to show". What yours was set to may determine which of these to try (it defaults to 7)
  1. Remove the block until the day you did that large number of changes has gone
  2. Find the block setting for number of days in the database and reduce it there to something less than the days since you made those changes.

With hindsight, you should have turned off the option to update the "Last change date" before doing such a large number (unless it was important to you to have that date recorded on every change). Without that these wouldn't be included in the block.
Last edit: 13 years 2 weeks ago by kiwi.

• Jackie
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
13 years 2 weeks ago - 13 years 2 weeks ago #4 by Jackie
Replied by Jackie on topic Re: Fatal error - Recent changes ?
Hi Nigel,

Stephen did not tell me to turn off the option the update "Last date change" before merging. I did not know I had to do so. I usually like to keep the last date change as there is usually not so many changes for a day.

The configuration is the default. I made the changes the 6th, so I guess I will have to wait. The block is disabled.

Thanks for your answer.

• ToyGuy
  • Live like it's Christmas every day - Santa Stephen
More
13 years 2 weeks ago #5 by ToyGuy
Replied by ToyGuy on topic Re: Fatal error - Recent changes ?
@Jackie - Do I have to tell you everything? <GGGG>

@Jackie - easy to change the CHAN date with a quick export and massage of the data with a text editor, either deleting ALL change records for the date you made them, or simply changing them to a much older date, well beyond the current range. My recommendation would be to delete those made on that date entirely, as it is has little value and can only cause major computational problems when accessed by the code. GREP the CHAN tag and date, delete the reference (only the date portion, if you wish), then reimport the GEDCOM.

Santa Stephen the Fabled Santa
Latest webtrees at MyArnolds.com
Hosted by webtreesonline.com , a division of GeneHosts LLC
MacOS 10.6.8, Apache 2.2+, PHP 5.4.16, MySQL 5.5.28