Web based family history software

This Help forum is for issues relates to the latest release (1.1.x). For issues related to beta or svn version please use their own Help forum.
When requesting help please provide as much information as possible. Explain what version of webtrees, PHP and MYSQL you are using. If possible provide a URL to your site so we can see the problem first-hand.
Tip: Think about putting these details in your signature, so it appears in the footer of ALL your messages

Question Multiple names, can't edit primary name

• bonbonthejon
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
13 years 6 days ago #1 by bonbonthejon
Multiple names, can't edit primary name was created by bonbonthejon
I am noticing that if a person has multiple names entered, there is an edit button next to each non-primary name. There is also an edit button under Edit, however that brings up a non-primary name, as opposed to editing the primary name (and references) as expected. Are others noticing that?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 6 days ago #2 by kiwi
No, definitely not. Is that true for ANY person with multiple names, or just one? A couple of options that might help us diagnose the issue:
1 - Can you show us the GEDCOM data for that, or any individual showing this problme, or
2 - Can you add similar details somewhere in this site's DEMO install, so we can look at it there. If you login as "demo_admin" you won't have to accept any changes you make, as that user has auto-accept, or
3 - Can we (with admin access) see it first-hand on your site?

More
13 years 6 days ago #3 by kiwi
Sorry - scrub my last answer. I've just tried 2. myself, and you are right.

I'll see what I can find out. Thanks.

• bonbonthejon
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
13 years 6 days ago - 13 years 6 days ago #4 by bonbonthejon
Replied by bonbonthejon on topic Re: Multiple names, can't edit primary name
I had opened a bug #706765 on Launchpad about a related issue with people with multiple names.
Last edit: 13 years 6 days ago by kiwi.

• norwegian_sardines
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
13 years 6 days ago - 13 years 6 days ago #5 by norwegian_sardines
Replied by norwegian_sardines on topic Re: Multiple names, can't edit primary name
It looks like it always selects the last name [strike]entered!![/strike] listed in the GEDCOM.

Ken
Last edit: 13 years 6 days ago by norwegian_sardines.

More
13 years 6 days ago #6 by kiwi
Thanks. I've edited out your GEDCOM data to save everyone from scrolling though it. Its not relevant to this issue, as I now see. I will raise a new bug report for this, as it is a different issue (though related) to #706765 which was fixed.

More
13 years 6 days ago #7 by kiwi
Ken, yes you are right, that is what it was doing. Now fixed (svn 11173) so that it selects the first, which is always the primary. Didn't bother with a bug report as it was an easy fix.