Please do NOT post requests for help here. Use the Help forum for that.

TOPIC: [SOLVED] 'Headings' in notes in webtrees 2.0?

'Headings' in notes in webtrees 2.0? 4 weeks 2 days ago #1

• PaulR
  • New
Despite using webtrees for several years, I've only just discovered that underlining words in notes with '=' makes them display as headings when viewing the note!

This is a useful feature as I have extensive notes for some individuals and it makes finding the bit of interest much easier. My question is, will this feature be carried over to version 2.0? If so I intend to edit all my notes so they have sections with headings but if the feature disappears in 2.0 I won't bother.

A second question is, what controls the size of font used for these titles, is it defined by the theme? As it stands the titles are a bit too big so I'd like to reduce them slightly.

I'm using webtrees 1.7.11 with the F.A.B. theme.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

'Headings' in notes in webtrees 2.0? 4 weeks 2 days ago #2

• fisharebest
  • Administrator
This is "markdown" formatting. You can enable/disable it in the family tree preferences.

As well as headings, you can create bullet points, tables, bold, italic, underline, links, etc.

(Note - there are various "dialects" of markdown. webtrees uses the "commonmark" dialect. Google will help you find lots of examples and tutorials.)

> A second question is, what controls the size of font used for these titles, is it defined by the theme? As it stands the titles are a bit too big so I'd like to reduce them slightly.

Yes, it is controlled by the theme. All markdown elements are wrapped in <div class="markdown">...</div>

However, you have other options.

There are 6 levels of heading (H1 is largest, H6 is smallest) and two ways to create them.
Heading 1
=======

Heading 2
---------

# Heading 1

## Heading 2

### Heading 3

#### Heading 4

##### Heading 5

###### Heading 6
Greg Roach - This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. - fisharebest.webtrees.net
Last Edit: 4 weeks 2 days ago by fisharebest.

'Headings' in notes in webtrees 2.0? 4 weeks 2 days ago #3

• PaulR
  • New
Thank you. Will Markdown continue to be supported in future versions?

[SOLVED] 'Headings' in notes in webtrees 2.0? 4 weeks 2 days ago #4

• PaulR
  • New
Problem solved.

'Headings' in notes in webtrees 2.0? 4 weeks 2 days ago #5

• fisharebest
  • Administrator
PaulR wrote:
Thank you. Will Markdown continue to be supported in future versions?

Yes
Greg Roach - This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. - fisharebest.webtrees.net