Please do NOT post requests for help here. Use the Help forum for that.

TOPIC: Connecting diferent Family Trees

Connecting diferent Family Trees 3 days 1 hour ago #1

• thomas-hn
  • New
Hello,

my wife and me have both a separate family tree in webtrees (we got such *.ged files from relatives).
Is it possible to connect / link both trees with each other without merging them into a single family tree? At the moment my wife is added as "wife" in my family tree, while I'm added as "husband" in her family tree. But both trees are separat.

The reason is, that the family tree of my wife's family is maintained by her father and it could happen, that we get an updated one somewhere in future.

Is there any way that I can say "Person X" in family tree A is equal to "Person Y" in family tree B?

Thanks a lot in advance,

Thomas
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Connecting diferent Family Trees 3 days 1 hour ago #2

• fisharebest
  • Administrator
No - there is nothing to do this.

Although it sounds simple in practice, implementation is much harder.

You could create a simple HTML link from a record in one tree to a record in another.

1 NOTE See [Mary Smith](http://www.example.com/.....)

> The reason is, that the family tree of my wife's family is maintained by her father and it could happen, that we get an updated one somewhere in future.

Persuade him to do his research on your webtrees site. Then you can both work on it together. (Collaboration is the whole point of webtrees!)
Greg Roach - This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. - fisharebest.webtrees.net
The administrator has disabled public write access.