Please do NOT post requests for help here. Use the Help forum for that.

TOPIC: webtrees and GEDCOM-L mailing list

webtrees and GEDCOM-L mailing list 1 week 5 days ago #1

• ungeahnt
  • New
The german "Verein für Computergenealogie e. V. (CompGen)" has a mailing list ("GEDCOM-L") of german-speaking program authors. For more than 10 years, this list has successfully discussed the interpretation of the GEDCOM 5.5.1 standard and adopted uniform procedures for its own programs (e.g. here). In the beginning webtrees was represented by Veit Olschinski, but it looks as if he is not active anymore.

Hence my question whether one of the active software developers is interested in participating in "GEDCOM-L". Since the mailing list is in German, it would be useful if this person speaks German, but this is not a requirement.

If the webtrees developer team is interested, you can register here and check everything else with the list admins.

Gen-Wiki: GEDCOM-L
list of programm authors (2011)
Dieter
Schmidt ⚭ Schwab (Sudetenland) | Hauer ⚭ Bühler (Bayern / BW) | Маринов ⚭ Шаламанова (BG)
webtrees 1.7.16 & 2.0.0 | PHP 7.3.0 | MySQL 5.6.42 | Apache 2.4.37 | SunOS 5.10
The administrator has disabled public write access.

webtrees and GEDCOM-L mailing list 1 week 5 days ago #2

• ric2015
  • Junior
As a developer of custom modules, I have subscribed to this mailing list some time ago; mainly in order to keep track of developments regarding top-level places (_LOC).

I cannot speak or vote for functionality of webtrees itself though, and therefore do not participate actively in the mailing list.
Richard

webtrees 1.7.15 at cissee.de/webtrees
Custom modules for 1.7.x and 2.x (Extended Relationships, Gov4Webtrees, Shared Places, Compact Themes Adjuster) available at cissee.de
The administrator has disabled public write access.