Please do NOT post requests for help here. Use the Help forum for that.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

DNA cousins 1 week 2 days ago #1

• thomas52
  • thomas52's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • Frequent
  • Frequent
  • Western North Carolina
I have been entering known biological or genetic cousins & other relationships identified through DNA testing.
[Pam] & [Warren] have been shown by [AncestryDNA,] Predicted relationship: Close Family–1st Cousin, Shared DNA: [1,612 cM] across [51 segments] (identified as half-sibling.) I have been showing a family relationship with a caveat that the relationship shown is "hypothetical & shown for research purposes only."
This seems to work reasonably well and is the closest method I have been able to devise to show these connections.
I am aware this is a questionable approach and am not interested in any legal or ethical comments.
I am interested in approaches anyone else may be taking to address and/or identify these connections.
"Failure is an amazing teacher." (L'échec est un professeur extraordinaire.)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

DNA cousins 1 week 1 day ago #2

• bertkoor
  • Gold
  • Gold
  • Greetings from Utrecht, Holland
Out of interest, where exactly do you put such notes? I find it hard to document such things in a way that's obvious to find for any reader.
stamboom.BertKoor.nl runs on webtrees v1.7.13

DNA cousins 1 week 1 day ago #3

• thomas52
  • thomas52's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • Frequent
  • Frequent
  • Western North Carolina
In simple terms, I enter a second family relationship similar to that of an adoption or foster child, with qualifying explanatory notes.
I further note the DNA relationship as mentioned earlier.
The individual page shows the DNA notes, and additionally shows two family child relationships that are further explained in the notes.
Anyone interested in specifics can contact me directly or via my website, www.adkins.ws
"Failure is an amazing teacher." (L'échec est un professeur extraordinaire.)

Last edit: by thomas52.
  • Page: