Please do NOT post requests for help here. Use the Help forum for that.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Transition from Family Tree Heritage Platinum version 9 2 months 1 week ago #1

• stliu007
  • stliu007's Avatar Topic Author
Anyone have experience exporting from Family Tree Heritage Platinum version 9 to Webtrees?

Do you know if Webtrees can accomodate Chinese?

I am also looking for a webtree developer to help me with the transition and also to customized some features and setup hosting on own server. This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
PS - looking to hire webtrees developer to import and configure ged data, publish and make some customizations to webtrees code. Email me This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by stliu007.

Transition from Family Tree Heritage Platinum version 9 2 months 6 days ago #2

• norwegian_sardines
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
I can't speak to importing Family Tree Heritage Platinum version 9. If you have a GEDCOM once you install webtrees give it a try.

webtrees has translation files for both Chinese Simplified and Traditional that is maintained by our user base.

Ken
Attachments:

Transition from Family Tree Heritage Platinum version 9 2 months 6 days ago #3

• stliu007
  • stliu007's Avatar Topic Author
Thanks about the Chinese.

We have about 40k "Liu" male names entered into Heritage software. It goes way back to 100 BC and over 70 generations. There is a Chinese emperor "Liu Bang" son through a consort in the line around 54 generations.

1. Can webtree handles 70 generations and BC dates?
2. Can the dates be modified for the Chinese calendar?
3. Is the web layout of webtree mobile responsive?

Need to hire a PHP developer familiar with webtrees to help us import and make some minor modifications to source code.
PS - looking to hire webtrees developer to import and configure ged data, publish and make some customizations to webtrees code. Email me This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Transition from Family Tree Heritage Platinum version 9 2 months 6 days ago #4

• norwegian_sardines
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member

1. Can webtree handles 70 generations

The response to this is more about the system configuration rather than the webtrees itself. Database size and response is based on the "hourse power" of your server. I know that webtrees is currently being used by some very large databases >1million individuals

3. Is the web layout of webtree mobile responsive?

webtrees 2.0 is mobile friendly by default

2. Can the dates be modified for the Chinese calendar?

I would open a specific question to ask this question and maybe one of the Chinese users can speak to you directly. I would be helpful to have "Chinese" as part of the question title so users can answer the question. We all are users of the software and none of us use all of the features.
Ken

Last edit: by norwegian_sardines.

Transition from Family Tree Heritage Platinum version 9 2 months 6 days ago #5

• fisharebest
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
Do you know if Webtrees can accomodate Chinese?

See here for a nice Chinese site. It uses a custom theme and has other modifications.
www.snwsjz.com/

> Can the dates be modified for the Chinese calendar?

There is already a request for this:
github.com/fisharebest/webtrees/issues/2239

> Need to hire a PHP developer familiar with webtrees to help us import and make some minor modifications to source code

Tell us what exactly you need.
Greg Roach - This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. - fisharebest.webtrees.net

• Page: