Please do NOT post requests for help here. Use the Help forum for that.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

How should RESN locked be handled? 4 days 21 hours ago #1

• WGroleau
  • WGroleau's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
5.5.1 p. 60 says that "locked" means one needs permission from a "steward" to change something in Ancestral File (AF). Should each webtrees installation replace "submitter listed for the record or Family History Support when no submitter is listed" with "administrator of the database" and "Ancestral File" with the current tree?

Currently, webtrees does not even show the FAM described at www.gedcomassessment.com/en/area-restriction.htm#fam_locked to anyone not logged in. But that is because both should be assumed living.

If I change the marriage date to 1900, then the FAM is shown to visitors. However, the RESN doesn't stop the admin from editing it (which makes sense). I don't have anyone else who can edit at the moment. I don't want to take time to look at that until after I finish this LONG (due to completeness) test suite. Been at it for three days!

webtrees also extends the restriction to all members of the FAM even without a RESN on them. (I added a deceased son to verify) Spec neither requires nor forbids this even for AF.

For what it's worth, webtrees passes every test (so far—I'm about 85% done) except for a couple minor ones that are already in the bug reports.
--
Wes Groleau
UniGen.us/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by WGroleau.

How should RESN locked be handled? 4 days 19 hours ago #2

• fisharebest
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
In webtrees, "RESN locked" means that only an administrator (or a linked user account) can edit the record.

> For what it's worth, webtrees passes every test (so far—I'm about 85% done) except for a couple minor ones that are already in the bug reports.

Thanks very much for doing this.
Greg Roach - This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. - fisharebest.webtrees.net

How should RESN locked be handled? 4 days 19 hours ago #3

• WGroleau
  • WGroleau's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
I finished the test. Each of the few items where I thought webtrees did not comply is in the bug reporter. Any where I was not sure, I mentioned in this forum or in "feature request"

To see the entire set of my results, paste the

File Attachment:

File Name: gedcom_assessment.txt
File Size:23 KB
attached JSON into www.gedcomassessment.com/en/import.htm

The name of each test is a link to the instructions for evaluating that test. If I disagreed with the instructions I said so in a comment.

I'll provide the same file to the test author. He might choose to link to them from www.gedcomassessment.com/en/contents.htm#assessments
--
Wes Groleau
UniGen.us/
Attachments:

Last edit: by WGroleau.
  • Page: