Web based family history software

Category locked - this no longer exists as a custom module. A modified version is part of core code.

Question Custom Tree view module

More
12 years 11 months ago #41 by fisharebest
Replied by fisharebest on topic Re: Custom Tree view module
This has been incorporated into the main code. The next release is planned for tomorrow evening (european time). Wait until it comes out, and then upgrade.

Greg Roach - greg@subaqua.co.uk - @fisharebest@phpc.social - fisharebest.webtrees.net
The topic has been locked.
  • ToyGuy
  • Live like it's Christmas every day - Santa Stephen
More
12 years 11 months ago #42 by ToyGuy
Replied by ToyGuy on topic Re: Custom Tree view module
r.rabbit
Please add the details of your operation to your signature here to aid in support, and perhaps a name?

The latest version of this module has supplanted the original in the SVN code, and will be the only version offered in the next release, v.1.1.2, due within the next week or so (perhaps this weekend). There have been many changes to the code since uploading to the add-ons, and I would not recommend using that version - which goes in as a separate folder under the /modules_v2 folder, not the /modules_v2/treeview folder.

Santa Stephen the Fabled Santa
Latest webtrees at MyArnolds.com
Hosted by webtreesonline.com , a division of GeneHosts LLC
MacOS 10.6.8, Apache 2.2+, PHP 5.4.16, MySQL 5.5.28
  • r.rabbit
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
12 years 11 months ago #43 by r.rabbit
Replied by r.rabbit on topic Re: Custom Tree view module
First of all thanks for reply.

fisharebest

This has been incorporated into the main code. The next release is planned for tomorrow evening (european time). Wait until it comes out, and then upgrade.

You mean that this module is actually implemented in webtrees CMS (so I do not need to install it as a module)?

ToyGuy

Please add the details of your operation to your signature here to aid in support, and perhaps a name

You mean i should put in my signature the url of my site?

...and will be the only version offered in the next release, v.1.1.2...

so in release 1.1.2 this tree will be integrated in webtrees?

(Dont know if this is the right place for that question). Is there a way to view in webtrees a tree that shows all the members? i mean not just my mother and father but for example my mothers sisters and brothers and theyr families too.

Thanks
Marco
  • ToyGuy
More
12 years 11 months ago #44 by ToyGuy
@Marco

so in release 1.1.2 this tree will be integrated in webtrees?

From Greg - As we both said, a revised version of the 'add-on' module has replaced the original tree module in the core code. It will not be necessary to install the now-antiquated add-on version once webtrees v1.1.2 is released, possibly later today or in the next couple of days. WAIT and upgrade immediately.

From me -

You mean i should put in my signature the url of my site?

No, as noted on the home page of this forum, we politely request all forum members who wish support to add a descriptive of their OS-program configuration and we suggest including a URL to your site, if public. Review the forum posts to see most posters' signatures. There are threads on how to do this, but PROFILE > EDIT > Profile Information tab > Signature.

From me -

Is there a way to view in webtrees a tree that shows all the members? i mean not just my mother and father but for example my mothers sisters and brothers and theyr families too.

Interactive tree will not show their siblings. it is a true pedigree tree, but expansive instead of the more limited generations visible via a pedigree chart. To see families, use a FAM record page. To see more relatives, select a patriarch and view a descendants chart or similarly, in a bit easier to read manner, use the BRANCHES chart and find the person you wish to review and all relatives (within that branch) will be apparent.

Just a general comment: it would appear you need to become familiar with the program and its myriad of data presentation offerings. I would suggest you 'play with it' for a while to become acquainted with the many features and methods of operation. I think you'll find it will do almost everything you would expect a genealogy program to do. Then, when you are stumped or have a suggestion, you can return here to post inquiries.

• Starnight
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
12 years 2 months ago #45 by Starnight
Replied by Starnight on topic Re: Custom Tree view module
Bonjour à tous
Je viens de mettre ma phpgedview par la webtrees 1.2.6
tout est ok, mais le module TreeView V10 (le seul que j'ai trouvé) ne fonctionne pas ( à moins que j'ai fait une erreur, j'ai placé TreeView dans le dossier modules_v3)
Existe t'il une version plus recente ?

Merci pour votre aide

I translate in english my question
Hi all
i update ressently my phpgedview by webtrees 1.2.6
All was ok but the treeview V10 (the last version found) don't work (or perhaps i make an error, i put treeview in modules_v3 folder)
is treeview update exsit for this new version of webtrees ?

thx for your help

ps: désolé si je n'ai pas posté dans le bon forum, merci de déplacer mon post.i sorry if i don't post in the good furum, pls move it, ty

Starnight
More
12 years 2 months ago #46 by fisharebest
Replied by fisharebest on topic Re: Custom Tree view module
The treeview is part of the standard releases. You do not need to add it.

Look at the webtrees-1.2.6 demo site

webtrees.net/webtrees_demo/module.php?mo...nedy.ged&rootid=I001

Greg Roach - greg@subaqua.co.uk - @fisharebest@phpc.social - fisharebest.webtrees.net
  • Starnight
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
12 years 2 months ago #47 by Starnight
Replied by Starnight on topic Re: Custom Tree view module
loll thank you fisharebest
sorry for this idiot question.

thx
  • jandresen
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
11 years 10 months ago #48 by jandresen
Replied by jandresen on topic Re: Custom Tree view module
I can´t activate this module. Every time I go to administration and click on Modules I get this message:

Fatal error: Class tvModuleGeneric contains 1 abstract method and must therefore be declared abstract or implement the remaining methods (WT_Module_Tab::isGrayedOut) in /home/jha/public_html/jha/webtrees/modules_v3/treeview/module.php on line 171

line 171 has the following:

}

// And now, we declare the Module class waited by webtrees
class treeview_WT_Module extends tvModuleGeneric {}

If I delete the treeview folder all goes back to normal.

I am using this version: treeview9.tar.bz2

I am using webtrees 1.2.7, I like it so far, but the way it shows the descendent trees is my main concern with the software.

Can you help plz?
  • ToyGuy
More
11 years 10 months ago #49 by ToyGuy
There is NO treeview module in WT v1.2.7, only TREE.
The treeview module is a very old and deprecated module that will no longer work with current versions of webtrees, and the functionality is now in the core product.

• ToyGuy
More
11 years 10 months ago #50 by ToyGuy
@jandresen
BTW, welcome to webtrees and our forum. Please add the requested information, including a link to your site, in your forum signature as soon as possible. See the forum help and the WIKI > FAQs > wiki.webtrees.net/Category:FAQs#Forum_Profile_and_Signature

Also, please don't resurrect ancient threads. When you have a problem with the current code, it should go on the help forum with a new topic containing all the pertinent information for your issue. You can see now why it is not a good idea to use old threads as this module is no longer applicable.

More
11 years 10 months ago #51 by kiwi
Replied by kiwi on topic Re: Custom Tree view module

ToyGuy wrote: There is NO treeview module in WT v1.2.7, only TREE.
The treeview module is a very old and deprecated module that will no longer work with current versions of webtrees, and the functionality is now in the core product.

I have now locked this topic to prevent future similar mistakes.