This Help forum is for issues relates to the latest release (1.2.x). For issues related to beta or svn version please use their own Help forum.
When requesting help please provide as much information as possible. Explain what version of webtrees, PHP and MYSQL you are using. If possible provide a URL to your site so we can see the problem first-hand.
Tip: Think about putting these details in your signature, so it appears in the footer of ALL your messages
  • Page:

TOPIC:

No search results returned 8 years 11 months ago #1

• pkirbyau
  • pkirbyau's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Site information

webtrees Version 1.2.7
PHP Version 5.2.16
Memory limit Default
PHP time limit Default

Hi. I am having a frustrating experience that search does not appear to work. For example, I have over 100 records with 'Finn' in the reference. However the search results only show the search box and the following:

Individuals Families Sources Notes
kirby @ The Origin of the Kirbys

The problem occurs both when logged in (as administrator) or unlogged.
The problem occurs both in from searching in the masthead and directly from originofthekirbys.com/search.php

My guess is that it is timing out but cant figure out a) if thats true and b) how to fix

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=--=-=
Some other analysis Ive performed:

<DBNAME>.wt_session appears current with only 4-5 records, all created in the last 30 minutes

Based on some of the comments in webtrees.net/index.php/en/forum/19-help-...n-loginphp-not-found, I tried to repair the database, however I can not. I get the following sample errors:
<DBNAME>.wt_block
note : The storage engine for the table doesn't support repair

Per webtrees.net/index.php/en/forum/advsearc...ldforums=1&catids=23, i have reviewed the error log file. It has no problems except for the one line below (which may not even be relevant)
[Wed May 30 22:22:39 2012] [error] [client <IP ADDRESS> ] SoftException in Application.cpp:357: UID of script "/<directory>/action.php" is smaller than min_uid, referer: originofthekirbys.com/individual.php?pid=I4&ged=

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: No search results returned 8 years 11 months ago #2

• fisharebest
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
webtrees will only generate the heading "individuals finn@..." if it has found some individuals.

Since it displays this, but not the closure of this block, it suggests that there is a fatal PHP error.

Compare your output with the result of a search for something non-existant, such as "xxxxxxx".

So, we have a fatal error. We just need to find it.

1) Fatal PHP errors *should* always be written to your webserver error log.
2) You can get them displayed on screen using the PHP.INI setting "display_errors=on".
Greg Roach - This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. - fisharebest.webtrees.net

Re: No search results returned 8 years 11 months ago #3

• kiwi
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Definitely not a time out error, the failure is instant. If you "view source" on the search results page you should see an error message at the end of the code.

However, it is likely you have a problem with permissions in the way your server is configured. If you google "SoftException in Application.cpp:357" (from your error log message) you will get plenty of similar issues. You will almost certainly need help from your web host to fix this.
Nigel

www.our-families.info

Hosted at:
Follow me at:

Re: No search results returned 8 years 11 months ago #4

• ToyGuy
  • Live like it's Christmas every day - Santa Stephen
Part of your problem is the terrible GEDCOM name you selected. We suggest it be short and without spaces or special characters so that it presents no artificial problems for browsers of all types. Yours is:
ged=Kirby%20of%20Blakesley

It could be this alone, but we doubt it. It would appear your tables are not properly populated.
Export your gedcom for backup, but we would suggest you use a previously known, correctly structured family tree and reimport into webtrees. If you notice, you don't even get a listing by SURNAME for your INDI lists:

With these problems (same true for FAM lists), I would say you have a poorly imported gedcom. Too, you may have insufficient memory. You have not provided any of the information we request as part of your forum signature:
wiki.webtrees.net/Category:FAQs#Forum_Profile_and_Signature

Make sure you have at least 64mb (8000 indis in not small) and at least 30 if not 60 seconds for scripts.
Reimport a good gedcom, then report back here.

EDIT-UPDATE: I'm with Nigel on this one. Premature end to scripts due to permissions (ownership) problems with files. You need to read the several CHMOD suggestions and make changes, if you can.
Santa Stephen the Fabled Santa
Latest webtrees at MyArnolds.com
Hosted by webtreesonline.com , a division of GeneHosts LLC
MacOS 10.6.8, Apache 2.2+, PHP 5.4.16, MySQL 5.5.28

Last edit: by ToyGuy.
  • Page: