For issues related to the current stable release please use it's own Help forum.
IMPORTANT:Please read this before using an git or nightly build version: wiki.webtrees.net/en/GIT

Before asking for help please read "How to request help" by clicking on that tab above here.

TOPIC: Media failing to display+others

Media failing to display+others 4 days 4 hours ago #1

• dhwtrees
  • New
webtrees 2.0.0-alpha.5
27 inch monitor, 2560 * 1440

1. Problem: Some jpg media fail to display. Tracked down to Maximum upload size capped at 2,048 KB. The fails are around 2500 KB - approx. 120 images from a total of 2000. Errors:
Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 28672 bytes) in C:\xampp\htdocs\webtrees\vendor\intervention\image\src\Intervention\Image\Gd\Decoder.php on line 136

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 20480 bytes) in C:\xampp\htdocs\webtrees\vendor\illuminate\database\Query\Builder.php on line 673

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 20480 bytes) in C:\xampp\htdocs\webtrees\app\Webtrees.php on line 79

Can the allowed memory size be increased? Where would I do this in the alpha 5 Control Panel or file structure?

2. Minor annoyance: All media are set to Highlighted image = never but the first thumbnail is always displayed on the individual's page.

3. Minor annoyance: On the above monitor displayed pages/text/layout are all too large. Some way to scale correctly? Tried adding the 'bigger monitors' fix in vendor.min.css (Firefox with cleared cache) but no go for Alpha 5. I only use the colours theme. Tried same edit in colors.min.css without change.

Dave
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Media failing to display+others 4 days 2 hours ago #2

• fisharebest
  • Administrator
> Can the allowed memory size be increased? Where would I do this in the alpha 5 Control Panel or file structure?

Applications shouldn't really modify the server configuration. It's regarded as bad practice.
In many cases, even attempting to change settings can cause the application to be terminated immediately.

But if you can't control the server configuration (e.g. using php.ini or .htaccess, etc.), then there's a module to help you.

Look at /modules_v4/example-server-configuration.disable

Rename to remove the ".disable" and then edit/uncomment sections as needed.

> All media are set to Highlighted image = never but the first thumbnail is always displayed on the individual's page.

There are open issues for this on github.com/fisharebest/webtrees/issues

> On the above monitor displayed pages/text/layout are all too large. Some way to scale correctly?

No idea what you mean here. Use the zoom function in the browser?
Greg Roach - This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. - fisharebest.webtrees.net

Media failing to display+others 4 days 1 hour ago #3

• dhwtrees
  • New
Re.
> On the above monitor displayed pages/text/layout are all too large. Some way to scale correctly?

No idea what you mean here. Use the zoom function in the browser?

Web page is too large - all elements as per other posts i.e. 'bigger monitors' thread (Firefox zoom at 80% worked but then that impacts all web pages, not just webtrees). The Facts & Events tab is now a tall narrow column with 50% of the page, to the right of the column, an empty space.

Re. Applications shouldn't really modify the server configuration. It's regarded as bad practice.
The Control Panel in webtrees allowed this but I searched through the Alpha 5 Control Panel and that setting is no longer present - hence the question.