For issues related to the current stable release please use it's own Help forum.
IMPORTANT:Please read this before using an git or nightly build version: wiki.webtrees.net/en/GIT

Before asking for help please read "How to request help" by clicking on that tab above here.

TOPIC: [SOLVED] Geographic Data/Map Provider - Undefined Index

Geographic Data/Map Provider - Undefined Index 4 months 2 weeks ago #1

• Tel
  • New
Having clean installed webtress v.2 (beta) and imported gedcom files (direct exports from v.2 (alpha-5), I am getting Undefined Index errors from the map data modules - Geographic Data and Map Provider.

In the case of Map Provider module, simply selecting Control Panel > Map Provider > 'Do not use maps' (radio button) results in:
Undefined index: provider
#0 …\app\Http\Controllers\Admin\MapProviderController.php(48)...
(log file attached)

while attempting to import a CSV or GeoJSON file via Control Panel > Geographic Data > 'Import File' (button) results in:
Undefined index: parent_id
#0 …\app\Http\Controllers\Admin\LocationController.php(562)

My Geographic Data currently has 5 top level places, although originally had only one ('England') before selecting 'Import all places from a family tree'. I experienced the same errors when the geographic data consisted of a single top level place of 'England' (i.e. before selecting 'Import all places from a family tree').

Selecting 'Export File' to export Geographic Data results in an empty CSV file, although geographic places exist in the database.

I don't see the same error message with my webtress 2 - alpha 5 installation.

Any ideas what may causing the Undefined Index errors?
Attachments:
Terry
running webtrees 1.7.14 at mynorfolkancestors.net
on PHP 7.2, MySQL 5.6.
Last Edit: 4 months 2 weeks ago by Tel. Reason: Added comment re. exporting data
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Geographic Data/Map Provider - Undefined Index 4 months 2 weeks ago #2

• fisharebest
  • Administrator
> Any ideas what may causing the Undefined Index errors?

This has already been fixed in the latest code.
Greg Roach - This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. - fisharebest.webtrees.net

Geographic Data/Map Provider - Undefined Index 4 months 2 weeks ago #3

• Tel
  • New
Thanks Greg. That worked in terms of solving the initial issue but I found that
\app\Http\Controllers\Admin\MapProviderController.php(48)
also needs to be updated.

Also, when updating the map zoom level from Control Panel > Geographic Data the latitude / longitude are not being copied to the respective fields from the location data (presumably same applies to the Flag field). The issue appears to be unique to data imported from the GEOJSON data file as the CSV file imports zoom level correctly.
Attachments:
Terry
on PHP 7.2, MySQL 5.6.
Last Edit: 4 months 2 weeks ago by Tel. Reason: Clarification of outstanding issues

Geographic Data/Map Provider - Undefined Index 4 months 2 weeks ago #4

• fisharebest
  • Administrator
The geojson format does not support zoom levels.

The zoom level is only used when a map contains just one place.
(If there are more than one place, then the zoom is set automatically to include all places).

I would like to set the zoom for single places automatically as well. The zoom parameter will then be redundant.
Greg Roach - This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. - fisharebest.webtrees.net

[SOLVED] Geographic Data/Map Provider - Undefined Index 4 months 2 weeks ago #5

• Tel
  • New
Problem solved - see github.com/fisharebest/webtrees/issues/2408 (will also need change for
mapProviderSave(ServerRequestInterface $request)
in MapProviderController.php
Terry
on PHP 7.2, MySQL 5.6.
Last Edit: 4 months 2 weeks ago by Tel.