For issues related to the current stable release please use it's own Help forum.
IMPORTANT:Please read this before using an git or nightly build version: wiki.webtrees.net/en/GIT

Before asking for help please read "How to request help" by clicking on that tab above here.

TOPIC: is v2 ready for use yet of should I wait

is v2 ready for use yet of should I wait 2 weeks 1 day ago #1

• cheifchimp
  • New
is v2 ready for use yet of should I wait
The administrator has disabled public write access.

is v2 ready for use yet of should I wait 2 weeks 1 day ago #2

• fisharebest
  • Administrator
There are many people using it, and there have been no significant issues reported for a while, so it seems pretty solid.

There are a small number of issues that need to be fixed for the 2.0.0 release:

github.com/fisharebest/webtrees/milestone/1

I would also like to finish renaming some CSS classes so that all elements that are intended for customisation have a "wt-" prefix.
Greg Roach - This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. - fisharebest.webtrees.net

is v2 ready for use yet of should I wait 1 week 1 day ago #3

• FransW
  • New
Dear Greg,

Are there any plans to update the standard themes such that they have a similar look as the current 1.7 version?
Personallly, I do not like the presentation of the new version on a widescreen computer. In order to see the facts you have to scroll down on each pages, since the top 1/2 - 3/4 is occupied with the headers and names.
Frans

is v2 ready for use yet of should I wait 1 week 1 day ago #4

• fisharebest
  • Administrator
> Are there any plans to update the standard themes such that they have a similar look as the current 1.7 version?

I have no plans to make webtrees 2.x look the same as webtrees 1.x.

I prefer the larger text and increased spacing.

webtrees 2.0 contains a built-in module that lets you make global changes to the styling.
If you want small text, etc on your own site, you can add it with a simple change.
Greg Roach - This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. - fisharebest.webtrees.net

is v2 ready for use yet of should I wait 1 day 8 hours ago #5

• s.stotz
  • New
... and how would I do it?