For issues related to the current stable release please use it's own Help forum.
IMPORTANT:Please read this before using an git or nightly build version: wiki.webtrees.net/en/GIT

Before asking for help please read "How to request help" by clicking on that tab above here.

TOPIC: [SOLVED] Married surname

Married surname 1 week 4 days ago #1

• Roel
  • New
I have - not intended - added the married surname (_MARNM) to all married wifes (through batch update).

Is there a way to undo this?
I can edit the gedcom with an editor, but with over 5000 families this would be a lot of work.
Another way would be through phpMyAdmin, but i have not enough knowledge to do this by myself.

Perhaps there is somebody out there to provide me with sql-code to this.
Roel - This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. - www.roeljongman.nl
Windows10 - 64, Opera - webtrees 1.7.14 - Apache 2.2 - PHP 7.2.19 - MySQL 5.5.43 Community
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Married surname 1 week 4 days ago #2

• fisharebest
  • Administrator
Do you want to

(a) remove *ALL* _MARNM fields
(b) remove only the _MARNM fields that you just added
Greg Roach - This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. - fisharebest.webtrees.net

Married surname 1 week 4 days ago #3

• Roel
  • New
I want to remove all _MARNM fields.
Roel - This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. - www.roeljongman.nl
Windows10 - 64, Opera - webtrees 1.7.14 - Apache 2.2 - PHP 7.2.19 - MySQL 5.5.43 Community

Married surname 1 week 4 days ago #4

• fisharebest
  • Administrator
Control panel - Batch update -> Search&replace

Search for
\n2 _MARNM.*

Replace with nothing

Search type "Regular expression"
Greg Roach - This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. - fisharebest.webtrees.net

Married surname 1 week 4 days ago #5

• Roel
  • New
Thank you Greg.
Worked just fine.

[SOLVED] Married surname 1 week 4 days ago #6

• Roel
  • New
Problem solved.