For issues related to the current stable release please use it's own Help forum.
IMPORTANT:Please read this before using an git or nightly build version: wiki.webtrees.net/en/GIT

Before asking for help please read "How to request help" by clicking on that tab above here.

TOPIC: [SOLVED] Hiding Source Record Contents

Hiding Source Record Contents 2 weeks 2 days ago #1

• dbq-andersons
  • New
Hi Everyone,

The sources discussion in one of the other forums has gotten me thinking about how I have my sources completely open for site visitors to see. Even though my main site contains only the non-living people I export out of RootsMagic, I'm suddenly not fond of my full source broadcasting. However, I want something there so people don't think my work is sourceless and I'm some kind of noob hack (I do still consider myself a noob hack, but the rest of the world doesn't need to know that).

So, does anyone know of a way within webtrees to hide the source record contents? I have tweaked the "Automatically expand sources" preferences tweak in the past, but I am looking to completely hide the source record contents, turning an individual or family fact list from something like this:

Into something like this:

I have been playing around with doing some sed/awk magic against the GEDCOM before I import, but that's proving more than a little fun and am looking for an easier way. If this isn't currently available, I can add it to GitHub as a feature request.

Thanks,

Bill
Bill Anderson | Onalaska, WI | genealogy.dbq-andersons.com
Webtrees 2.0.0 beta 5 | Apache 2.4.29-1 | PHP 7.2.20-1 | MySQL 5.7.28
Ubuntu 18.04.2 LTS Running on a PC in My Basement
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Hiding Source Record Contents 1 week 6 days ago #2

• fisharebest
  • Administrator
> So, does anyone know of a way within webtrees to hide the source record contents?

There isn't, but I think there should be one.

> I want something there so people don't think my work is sourceless and I'm some kind of noob hack

For exactly this reason!

I think I'd prefer to show "Source: private" (or similar), instead of giving the source title.
Many of my source titles include the name of the person who provided the information.

It *should* be fairly straightforward to implement this. We already have a privacy setting
"Show private relationships", which shows "private" boxes on charts and family groups.
I could add another one "Show private source citations".
Greg Roach - This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. - fisharebest.webtrees.net

Hiding Source Record Contents 1 week 6 days ago #3

• dbq-andersons
  • New
Thanks, Greg. I had a hunch it *should* be relatively easy to put in something like this. I'll write something up over on GitHub.

Cheers,

Bill

Hiding Source Record Contents 1 week 6 days ago #4

• dbq-andersons
  • New
GitHub 2755 opened.

[SOLVED] Hiding Source Record Contents 1 week 6 days ago #5

• dbq-andersons
  • New
Problem solved.