Whilst small files can be uploaded to forum posts, if you have a custom theme or module to contribute please add it on the "Add-ons" page.

TOPIC:

Custom translations in add-on modules 7 years 10 months ago #41

• Jacoline
Thank you for trying to explaining it to me!

Oh it will not cause problems if I remove the language file? That would be nice :)
Thinking of how the performance will be if it has to look after a translation at 3 places? (I do not know much about it - just stupid noobish questions)

Correction:
I never said said I would like a complete replacement for the system and that I do not want to share my translation. Quote: But if any wants them it is not a problem. I share where I can Perhabs I used a wrong phrase?

You can have my translation right now - I just need to know where to put it or you can put up the standard words here at this board!

Then it should stop here with my opinion. Was not meant to ruin the topic - Sorry!
Who is still noobish after 5 years with webtrees (since 7-21-2010)

My family roots can be found on jaconelli.dk/webtrees (and several other pages)
(latest) webtrees: www.familien-johnsen.dk

Kontakt mig for support på dansk!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Jacoline.

Custom translations in add-on modules 7 years 10 months ago #42

• ToyGuy
  • Live like it's Christmas every day - Santa Stephen

hinking of how the performance will be if it has to look after a translation at 3 places?

No hit on performance. It always looks in this manner. If no file to be had, then no delay, and as Nigel said, it is doubtful that any language file would be distributed in Danish, given the support from the Dane community.

BUT, remember there is no reason to add these to /data/language either. You are welcome to add the custom translations, pertinent to that module, to the language folder distributed with the module. As Carmen indicated, she distributes a file perfect for modification to any other language - so simply modify it by POEdit, PHP or CSV - your choice is the same as the /data/language folder-file options.

If you wish to contribute, each module which has its own language file is providing only the "non-core" language variables needed to support the new module. This is the list you should use to provide Danish translations and then simply send it to the developer of the module so they can add that file to their next distribution, benefitting all Danish speakers. Easy enough to email wooc, kiwi and JustCarmen directly.
Santa Stephen the Fabled Santa
Latest webtrees at MyArnolds.com
Hosted by webtreesonline.com , a division of GeneHosts LLC
MacOS 10.6.8, Apache 2.2+, PHP 5.4.16, MySQL 5.5.28

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.