Web based family history software

Question Fancy Gendex - autocreate by cronjob?

• HonkXL
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 10 months ago #1 by HonkXL
Hi,

at moment I try to get everything I do manually at moment get done by cronjobs.

Is there a way to generate the output file using Fancy Gendex by an cronjob, instead of clicking the button manually?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 10 months ago #2 by JustCarmen
Replied by JustCarmen on topic Fancy Gendex - autocreate by cronjob?
I am not familiar enough with cronjobs to guide you through, but you should be able to find a way to submit the form automatically.

This is the piece of code that is activated after you hit the submit button
Code:
if (Filter::post('action') == 'save' && Filter::checkCsrf()) { foreach (Tree::getAll() as $tree) { $tree->setPreference('FANCY_GENDEX', Filter::postBool('FG' . $tree->getTreeId())); } $this->module()->createGendex(); }

It will run the function createGendex(), which can be found in the FancyGendexClass.

Carmen
Designer of the JustLight theme (comes with a light and dark color palette), Fancy Imagebar, Fancy Research Links and Fancy Treeview for webtrees 2

Check my website at www.justcarmen.nl

• HonkXL
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 9 months ago #3 by HonkXL
Replied by HonkXL on topic Fancy Gendex - autocreate by cronjob?
Hi,

thank you for your answer.

At moment I have this part of code running. Every day a cron job executes it and it puts all my trees to my data-directory. The code is executed using wget, so it's just calling the php-file in the browser. Nothing special.
I tried to put your code inside the foreach, but it is not really working.
Code:
<?php define('WT_SCRIPT_NAME', 'autoexport.php'); // Pretend to be USER #1, with a real browser $_SESSION['wt_user'] = 1; $_SERVER['HTTP_USER_AGENT'] = 'Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:43.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/43.0'; require 'includes/session.php'; foreach (\Fisharebest\webtrees\Tree::getAll() as $tree) { $stream = fopen($tree->getName() . '.ged', 'w'); $tree->exportGedcom($stream); fclose($stream); } foreach (glob("*.ged") as $filename) { rename("$filename", "./data/"."$filename"); } ?>

I think there are some dependencies in your code, but I don't know much enough about php to get this running.