Question Creating a new kind of "notes"

• PierrePerso
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
7 years 7 months ago #1 by PierrePerso
Creating a new kind of "notes" was created by PierrePerso
Hi all,
I wanted to create a new kind of fact than the "Note" one to add to an individual and to presnet it on a new tab (for that, I have created a new module and it works).

I want to do that in order to add different kind of text (like the history of the individual for example) and to distinguish it in the database from a note and to create specific reports.
The note is defined by "NOTE" in the wtree_individuals table of the database.
I want to define the History by the "HIST" tag for example.

Example of the wtree_individuals table :

1 NOTE This is a note related to this person
1 HIST This is the story of this persons who is born in south negland and .......

Is there something still existing or an easy way to achieve my goal because I don't how to adapt the "add_simple_tag" functionor another one if I ned it ?
Thanks for your help !
Pierre

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bertkoor
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Greetings from Utrecht, Holland
More
7 years 7 months ago #2 by bertkoor
Replied by bertkoor on topic Creating a new kind of "notes"
"HIST" would be a custom tag, only supported by your site. It's advisable for GEDCOM custom tags to let them start with an underscore, so it's easy to distinguish them from standard tags.
Here's a bit of documentation concerning custom tags on our wiki: wiki.webtrees.net/en/Custom_Tags

What you're trying to achieve looks very much like the existing Story module of webtrees. One difference: the webtrees stories are not stored in GEDCOM import / export files.
Last time I did something with stories, I recall the site admin had to enable the module and create the first story. Then you'd get a nice tab per individual where you can type text with formatting and support for hyperlinks and images.

stamboom.BertKoor.nl runs on webtrees v1.7.13

• PierrePerso
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
7 years 7 months ago #3 by PierrePerso
Replied by PierrePerso on topic Creating a new kind of "notes"
Thanks for your response and it's true, it looks like the "existing Story module".
The difference is that when you add a Story with this module, you open the Admin panel and I want to add a text in a popup like a note, not with the admin panel.

I look for the Wiki ... thanks