Web based family history software

Question [SOLVED] Trouble with Fancy Research

• comet48
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 14 hours ago - 7 years 14 hours ago #1 by comet48
Trouble with Fancy Research was created by comet48
Based on my interpretation of instructions, I've extracted all the files/directories and added them to a "FancyResearch" directory I've created in the modules_v3 directory of webtrees. It shows up under the module administration, and I'm able to select it. Attempts to configure just bring up main webtrees page, and even though I'm able to save the fact that it's selected, when I return to module administration, the module is un selected. And of course, it's not displayed in the sidebar.
Running 1.7.9 of webtrees.
Thanks.
Ron
Last edit: 7 years 14 hours ago by comet48.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 14 hours ago #2 by fisharebest
Replied by fisharebest on topic Trouble with Fancy Research
If a module gets disabled automatically, it indicates that there was an unhandled coding error somewhere in the module.

You *may* see an error message in your webtrees error log, or your webserver error log.

Greg Roach - greg@subaqua.co.uk - @fisharebest@phpc.social - fisharebest.webtrees.net

• comet48
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 14 hours ago #3 by comet48
Replied by comet48 on topic Trouble with Fancy Research
Thanks - saw nothing in the logs :(

More
7 years 12 hours ago #4 by JustCarmen
Replied by JustCarmen on topic Trouble with Fancy Research

Attempts to configure just bring up main webtrees page

That often indicates the module was not enabled. Did you enable the module by ticking the selectbox in the module administration and then click save at the bottom of the page?

After the module is enabled you can click the link to bring up the configuration page.

Carmen
Designer of the JustLight theme (comes with a light and dark color palette), Fancy Imagebar, Fancy Research Links and Fancy Treeview for webtrees 2

Check my website at www.justcarmen.nl

• comet48
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 11 months ago #5 by comet48
Click, save enabled. But can't bring up configuration page. Using Windows 10, xampp installation, php 7.1.1. Love this feature - have to get it working :)

More
6 years 11 months ago #6 by JustCarmen
Replied by JustCarmen on topic Trouble with Fancy Research
Hi I use the same setup as you do (windows 10, xampp php 7.1.1) and I don't have any problems loading the configuration page of this module.

It is hard to fix something I can't reproduce. You've already checked the error logs which also didn't gave any information.

To be sure: you use the latest release of this module, right?

Have you made custom plugins for this module? Or do you use any other custom modules which might get in conflict with this one? Remove any custom plugins you might be using temporarily from the server and disable any other custom module you might have.

Another question: You said you have enabled the module. If you go to an individual page, do you see the module loaded in the sidebar? If not, do you get any error messages there? Check the logs again.

You also could try to remove all entries from the database (tables modules and module settings, search for module_name: fancy_research_links). Refresh the module page afterwards and enable the module again.

Let me know your findings.

Carmen
Designer of the JustLight theme (comes with a light and dark color palette), Fancy Imagebar, Fancy Research Links and Fancy Treeview for webtrees 2

Check my website at www.justcarmen.nl

• comet48
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 11 months ago #7 by comet48
Replied by comet48 on topic [SOLVED] Trouble with Fancy Research
Problem solved.

• comet48
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 11 months ago #8 by comet48
All my fault - the unzip program wasn't defining the actual name of the directory correctly, and I was using my own. As soon as I fixed that, all OK. Sorry for the bother. Love your work.
Ron