Web based family history software

Question [SOLVED] Why getAnniversaryEvents is empty for anonymous?

• UksusoFF
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 10 months ago - 6 years 10 months ago #1 by UksusoFF
Is there way to get anniversary events in module action if user not logged in?
Last edit: 6 years 10 months ago by UksusoFF.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 10 months ago #2 by fisharebest
Replied by fisharebest on topic Why FunctionsDb::getAnniversaryEvents is empty for
This function will return all data that you are allowed to see.

If this data is private, and you are not logged in, then you cannot see it.

Greg Roach - greg@subaqua.co.uk - @fisharebest@phpc.social - fisharebest.webtrees.net

• UksusoFF
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 10 months ago - 6 years 10 months ago #3 by UksusoFF
Is there way to get this data for anonymous user? Without copy db query to own module?

And i can't find where access check in this function. Can you tell me string number where this done?

• ToyGuy
  • Live like it's Christmas every day - Santa Stephen
More
6 years 10 months ago #4 by ToyGuy
Assuming there was anonymous access, it would only return the already public information on the site. If set as default,webtrees would show anniversary dates for deceased persons only and while, on occasion that might be nice, it doesn't help with providing living persons' birthdays or anniversaries, and, without exposing critical private data, never could do more.

Santa Stephen the Fabled Santa
Latest webtrees at MyArnolds.com
Hosted by webtreesonline.com , a division of GeneHosts LLC
MacOS 10.6.8, Apache 2.2+, PHP 5.4.16, MySQL 5.5.28

More
6 years 10 months ago #5 by fisharebest
Replied by fisharebest on topic Why FunctionsDb::getAnniversaryEvents is empty for
> Is there way to get this data for anonymous user?

The privacy functions are handled at a very low level. In the "Individual" and "Fact" objects.

If you want to write code that bypasses the privacy, you will need to create a fake session/user.
Perhaps create a dummy user object, and pass it to Auth::login()

Greg Roach - greg@subaqua.co.uk - @fisharebest@phpc.social - fisharebest.webtrees.net

• UksusoFF
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 10 months ago - 6 years 10 months ago #6 by UksusoFF

ToyGuy wrote: Assuming there was anonymous access, it would only return the already public information on the site. If set as default,webtrees would show anniversary dates for deceased persons only and while, on occasion that might be nice, it doesn't help with providing living persons' birthdays or anniversaries, and, without exposing critical private data, never could do more.

fisharebest wrote: > Is there way to get this data for anonymous user?

The privacy functions are handled at a very low level. In the "Individual" and "Fact" objects.

If you want to write code that bypasses the privacy, you will need to create a fake session/user.
Perhaps create a dummy user object, and pass it to Auth::login()

Thanks. I will try this.

But can you explain why in autocomplete have additional check for this. Why not returns only values which can be viewed?

For eg: github.com/fisharebest/webtrees/blob/mas...autocomplete.php#L56

• bertkoor
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Greetings from Utrecht, Holland
More
6 years 10 months ago - 6 years 10 months ago #7 by bertkoor

UksusoFF wrote: Why not returns only values which can be viewed?

For eg: github.com/fisharebest/webtrees/blob/mas...autocomplete.php#L56

I guess because $something->canShow() is rather hard to implement directly as a SQL query, but very easy to implement as a function on the PHP object. If this was implemented as a SQL query, the queries would get extremely complicated and harder to optimise.

Whether an object can be shown depends on a lot of factors, so better hide that away in the object itself. Also when the implementation needs to be changed, it can be done at one place only, and not in the hundreds or thousands SQL queries present in the application.

stamboom.BertKoor.nl runs on webtrees v1.7.13
Last edit: 6 years 10 months ago by bertkoor.

More
6 years 10 months ago #8 by fisharebest
We use SQL to find the records (very fast).
We then use PHP to apply the privacy rules (slower).

I looked again at the code.

The function Individual::getFacts() has a parameter "override" which ignores the privacy. We use this to set a different privacy level when downloading GEDCOM files. You might be able to use this?

• UksusoFF
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 10 months ago #9 by UksusoFF

bertkoor wrote: I guess because $something->canShow() is rather hard to implement directly as a SQL query, but very easy to implement as a function on the PHP object. If this was implemented as a SQL query, the queries would get extremely complicated and harder to optimise.

Whether an object can be shown depends on a lot of factors, so better hide that away in the object itself. Also when the implementation needs to be changed, it can be done at one place only, and not in the hundreds or thousands SQL queries present in the application.

Yep, I understand this.

fisharebest wrote: We use SQL to find the records (very fast).
We then use PHP to apply the privacy rules (slower).

I looked again at the code.

The function Individual::getFacts() has a parameter "override" which ignores the privacy. We use this to set a different privacy level when downloading GEDCOM files. You might be able to use this?

As I can see Individual::getFacts() can't accept julian day or something other way to filter by day.

Looks like Auth::login() works fine. But I think that have performance issues on large databases with many users and my implementation.

• UksusoFF
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 9 months ago #10 by UksusoFF

UksusoFF wrote: Looks like Auth::login() works fine. But I think that have performance issues on large databases with many users and my implementation.

Ouch, it's work only with public trees.

Why this:
Code:
$user = User::findByIdentifier('admin@email.com'); Auth::login($user); Tree::getAll() Auth::logout();
return only public trees?

• UksusoFF
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 2 months ago #11 by UksusoFF
Seems it's works as expected in 2.0

• UksusoFF
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 2 months ago #12 by UksusoFF
Problem solved.