Whilst small files can be uploaded to forum posts, if you have a custom theme or module to contribute please add it on the "Add-ons" page.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Customizing layout of Individuals pages (using Webtrees for fiction)

Customizing layout of Individuals pages (using Webtrees for fiction) 1 week 2 days ago #1

• sarahd02
  • sarahd02's Avatar Topic Author
  • New
  • New
Hello! I've started using Webtrees to keep track of a very extended fictional family that my friend and I have made up. I really love it for the most part, and being able to add custom tags is incredibly helpful for our purposes. However, it feels a bit messy when we add things like eye or hair color, or other unchanging facts and they end up buried in the Facts and events timeline. I would love to be able to show some basic info in the same box where the Name is. Is this something anyone has done before, or would it be possible with fairly comprehensive HTML and CSS knowledge? I'm hesitant to poke around in the code too much, and I am not very experienced with PHP or Javascript.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Customizing layout of Individuals pages (using Webtrees for fiction) 1 week 2 days ago #2

• fisharebest
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
webtrees is designed to make customising possible.

> I would love to be able to show some basic info in the same box where the Name is.

The "Names" block currently shows just SEX and NAME facts.

I am planning to make some changes to allow it to show additional facts - specifically TITL (nobility titles)

Once this change is made, it will be trivial for you to modify it to include other facts.

Until then, however, what you want is possible/straightforward - but would require some basic/intermediate PHP coding skills.
Greg Roach - This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. - fisharebest.webtrees.net

Customizing layout of Individuals pages (using Webtrees for fiction) 1 week 1 day ago #3

• sarahd02
  • sarahd02's Avatar Topic Author
  • New
  • New
That sounds amazing! Do you have any timeline for when you might make that update? In the meantime, I'll make a copy of my site and poke around a little.

Customizing layout of Individuals pages (using Webtrees for fiction) 1 week 1 day ago #4

Why not include DSCR facts by default - or at least a limited number of them
--
Dave

Local: Win 10 Pro/WSL Ubuntu 18.04.4, Nginx 1.14.0, PHP 7.4.5/7.3.17-1, Mysql 5.7.29-0ubuntu0.18.04.1
Production: Apache 2.2, PHP 7.3.15, 10.3.18-MariaDB

• Page: