- is there a way to show on my page - add unlinked individual and which would be accessible to editors (so far I understand is only accessible to site owner and manager? I used to have that script written for me for an old version of the database, but I have no clue where I can find it plus don't think it would work for the latest version.)
Thank you, Ken, again, I can see it is not only me who is interested in the unlinked individual, I read suggested post but, since I am a total novice, and more experimenter rather than I know what I am doing, I tried to tailor other code to access unlinked individual and it did work
"<p><strong><a href="http:/WEBSITENAME/index.php?route=%2Ftree%2FDBASE%2Fadd-unlinked-individual&alpha=Add%20new%20person" title="246">Add a new person</a></strong></p><p> </p>"
But the problem now is that neither save nor cancel button works at moderator level nor cancel button brings you back to homepage for site owner but brings you back to control panel (which is pretty logical as this is how it is originally set).
For my "logic" it would be better to have a separate clone form for an unrelated individual, but that is beyond my abilities of copy-paste :(
The normal process in webtrees is to start with a known person and build outward with parents and or children. In general it is not normal to consistently enter unrelated individuals but to only do it once at the start then move away from that individual.
I totally agree, from a normal genealogy research point of veiw.
But the thing is that I am recreating parishioners and parish records (non-existing) based on records from other parishes, for that I need from time to time add a new unrelated person and then look for their connections with existing people in the database. I chose to use webtrees for that purpose. The database is visible to the public but only volunteers can input found info, but I don't want to give volunteers admin rights, so I wanted to find a way to make their life and my life easier. I had the script "written" before but for the old version, so it worked, but I did upgrade to version 2 (well, I started website from scratch) so this is one of the elements which I am missing :(.