Whilst small files can be uploaded to forum posts, if you have a custom theme or module to contribute please add it on the "Add-ons" page.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Customizing homepage and my page 4 months 1 week ago #1

• moyra777
  • moyra777's Avatar Topic Author
Hello, trying to customize my homepage and my page, and looking for suggestions... could anyone guide me where to find/what to do:
- is there a predefined tag which I could use to show sources table on home page in html block?
i.e. this mazew.mizgalska.com/index.php?route=%2Ft...arafia%2Fsource-list on mazew.mizgalska.com/index.php?route=%2Ftree%2Fparafia

- is there a way to show on my page - add unlinked individual and which would be accessible to editors (so far I understand is only accessible to site owner and manager? I used to have that script written for me for an old version of the database, but I have no clue where I can find it plus don't think it would work for the latest version.)
Thank you
Agnieszka

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Customizing homepage and my page 4 months 1 week ago #2

• norwegian_sardines
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
Ken

Last edit: by norwegian_sardines.

Customizing homepage and my page 4 months 1 week ago #3

• moyra777
Thank you, Ken, again, I can see it is not only me who is interested in the unlinked individual, I read suggested post but, since I am a total novice, and more experimenter rather than I know what I am doing, I tried to tailor other code to access unlinked individual and it did work

"<p><strong><a href="http:/WEBSITENAME/index.php?route=%2Ftree%2FDBASE%2Fadd-unlinked-individual&alpha=Add%20new%20person" title="246">Add a new person</a></strong></p><p> </p>"

But the problem now is that neither save nor cancel button works at moderator level nor cancel button brings you back to homepage for site owner but brings you back to control panel (which is pretty logical as this is how it is originally set).

For my "logic" it would be better to have a separate clone form for an unrelated individual, but that is beyond my abilities of copy-paste :(

Customizing homepage and my page 4 months 1 week ago #4

• norwegian_sardines
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
The normal process in webtrees is to start with a known person and build outward with parents and or children. In general it is not normal to consistently enter unrelated individuals but to only do it once at the start then move away from that individual.
Ken

Customizing homepage and my page 4 months 1 week ago #5

• moyra777
I totally agree, from a normal genealogy research point of veiw.
But the thing is that I am recreating parishioners and parish records (non-existing) based on records from other parishes, for that I need from time to time add a new unrelated person and then look for their connections with existing people in the database. I chose to use webtrees for that purpose. The database is visible to the public but only volunteers can input found info, but I don't want to give volunteers admin rights, so I wanted to find a way to make their life and my life easier. I had the script "written" before but for the old version, so it worked, but I did upgrade to version 2 (well, I started website from scratch) so this is one of the elements which I am missing :(.

Last edit: by moyra777.

Customizing homepage and my page 3 months 2 weeks ago #6

• fisharebest
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
This has been updated in the 2.1 code.

You can now add a "url=xxx" parameter to the URL for the "add unlinked individual" page.

After creating the individual, you are returned to that page - instead of the control panel.

Sorry - it is too much effort to back-port this into 2.0. You will need to wait for 2.1.
Greg Roach - This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. - fisharebest.webtrees.net

Customizing homepage and my page 1 month 2 weeks ago #7

• moyra777
Thank you :) sorry for the late reply
no problem for sure I can wait ;)

• Page: