Whilst small files can be uploaded to forum posts, if you have a custom theme or module to contribute please add it on the "Add-ons" page.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Fancy ImageBar 2.0.10: many duplicate thumbnails shown 4 months 3 days ago #1

• Sir Peter
  • Sir Peter's Avatar Topic Author
I am using a specific folder for portrait pictures. I currently have 36 .jpg files in that folder and opted out from the square thumbnails. My super wide screen can display 32 of them, each at a width of 60px. With webtrees 1.7.17 and Fancy ImageBar 1.7.11 all 32 pictures are different.

Now with webtrees 2.0.11 and Fancy ImageBar 2.0.10 - with the non working opt-out from square thumbnails, see the respective GitHub issue 61 - many duplicate thumbnails are being shown on every single refresh. Sometimes the same picture is even shown consecutively 3 times.

I had a look at wijzijnfamilie.nl , but even after 30 refreshes this phenomenon did not even occur once on your site. I'd say the random media picking is not working well - at least not on my site with my configuration. I believe this is a bug and just opened issue 62 at GitHub. Please let us know whether you agree and are willing to fix it.
Peter

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Fancy ImageBar 2.0.10: many duplicate thumbnails shown 4 months 3 days ago #2

Fancy Image Bar is a custom module. Do you see this behavior using standard themes or only with Fancy Image Bar? If it's the later then you need to raise an issue with Carmen at justcarmen.nl/modules-webtrees-2/fancy-imagebar/
Rob
www.skatekey.net ( webtrees beta GitHub)
PHP 7.4.14, MySql 7.4.14, Apache 2.4.43,
Hosted at tigertech.net

Fancy ImageBar 2.0.10: many duplicate thumbnails shown 4 months 3 days ago #3

• Sir Peter
  • Sir Peter's Avatar Topic Author
This issue appears *in* the Fancy ImageBar only and with *all* 6 standard themes that are provided with webtrees. As mentioned in the original post I did open an issue.
Peter

Last edit: by Sir Peter.
  • Page: