Web based family history software

Question Anniversary Reminder

• buzz69
  • Topic Author
More
10 years 6 months ago - 10 years 6 months ago #1 by buzz69
Anniversary Reminder was created by buzz69
Would it be possible to consider a 'notification' whether it be by email or My Page in regards to specified anniversaries, eg. birthday or weddings etc.

Perhaps with the ability to set preconfigured durations - eg. send a message 1 week before anniversary.

Wouldn't have to be complex, just a simple reminder.

webtrees website: www.ancestryunited.com.au
Windows 11 Pro OS; PHP 8.1.13; webtrees version 2.1.15
Last edit: 10 years 6 months ago by buzz69. Reason: better title

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• ToyGuy
  • Live like it's Christmas every day - Santa Stephen
More
10 years 6 months ago #2 by ToyGuy
Replied by ToyGuy on topic Anniversary Reminder
I'm not saying no, but there have been previous requests for similar features. Usually, these fall into the "social media" feature category, and webtrees has not been designed to interface with these kinds of communications platforms. There already exist plenty of opportunities to accomplish this task, with Facebook and your own calendars. JSYK

Santa Stephen the Fabled Santa
Latest webtrees at MyArnolds.com
Hosted by webtreesonline.com , a division of GeneHosts LLC
MacOS 10.6.8, Apache 2.2+, PHP 5.4.16, MySQL 5.5.28

• buzz69
  • Topic Author
More
10 years 6 months ago #3 by buzz69
Replied by buzz69 on topic Anniversary Reminder
Thanks Stephen, while I appreciate your view, I don't use social media and would have thought this little feature might create an enhancement in the software for some. I'm not a programmer, therefore I'm not sure of how much time/coding is involved, but if you had a white board with ideas, I thought perhaps this could be one to throw up there.

BTW, does this forum have a voting system, where ideas can be suggested and people can vote on what they would like to see in upcoming releases?

webtrees website: www.ancestryunited.com.au
Windows 11 Pro OS; PHP 8.1.13; webtrees version 2.1.15

More
10 years 6 months ago - 10 years 6 months ago #4 by fisharebest
Replied by fisharebest on topic Anniversary Reminder

does this forum have a voting system

We have a system of one-person, one vote....
...I am the one person and I cast the one vote ;-)

But I do read the forum posts before I cast it. So, if you think any particular feature request is a good/bad idea, be sure to add your comment.

Greg Roach - greg@subaqua.co.uk - @fisharebest@phpc.social - fisharebest.webtrees.net
Last edit: 10 years 6 months ago by fisharebest.

More
10 years 6 months ago - 10 years 6 months ago #5 by macalter
Replied by macalter on topic Anniversary Reminder

buzz69 wrote: Would it be possible to consider a 'notification' whether it be by email or My Page in regards to specified anniversaries, eg. birthday or weddings etc.

Perhaps with the ability to set preconfigured durations - eg. send a message 1 week before anniversary.

Wouldn't have to be complex, just a simple reminder.

Sounds like a feature GENI offers - via email. You must be a member of a family; you subscribe to which reminders you want to receive, if any. You can reply to the person/couple with message, "flowers" "hugs" and the like.

I signed up because my relatives are using Geni instead of my site. So get dates I don't have. But not necessarily desiring the feature for webtrees.

---
macalter
webtrees 2.1.18
Mac.alter [update: 24 Jan 2024]
webtrees 2.1.18 | PHP Version 8.1.17 | mySQL 8.1 | MacOS 10.15.17
Last edit: 10 years 6 months ago by macalter. Reason: clarify

More
10 years 4 months ago #6 by Pirate96
Replied by Pirate96 on topic Anniversary Reminder
Late to the party on this one however there is already something similiar for me anyway.

I make it a habit of logging into my webtrees app and I see the upcoming events and then proceed from there.

It has been a great way to correct typos. Just today I called a relative to wish them a Happy Anniversary and in the process realized I had the marriage recorded for a year later.

I think it would be a nice feature to see the Upcoming Events sent via email. Could actually remind people of important events and continue working on the Genealogy.

Operating System: Fedora 30, Browser: Firefox 71.0, WebHost: WebFaction, Server OS: CentOS 7, webtrees 2.0.1 Apache 2.4.6, PHP 7.3.12, MySQL 5.6.46

• m16
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
10 years 2 months ago - 10 years 2 months ago #7 by m16
Replied by m16 on topic Anniversary Reminder
Hi All!
I join to you. Module reminder email is very necessary.
Last edit: 10 years 2 months ago by m16.