Web based family history software

Question How can a particular tab be activated with a link

More
7 years 3 weeks ago #1 by geme
Here's an example on the demo site.

dev.webtrees.net/demo-stable/individual.php?pid=I1&ged=demo&tab=picures (or number eg. 2)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 3 weeks ago #2 by fisharebest
Replied by fisharebest on topic How can a particular tab be activated with a link
This is not possible now.

I may add it in a future version.

Greg Roach - greg@subaqua.co.uk - @fisharebest@phpc.social - fisharebest.webtrees.net

More
6 years 4 months ago #3 by agron
I have wished so many times this feature was implemented.
I have had a few cases where I shared a link of a person but then it was hard to get them to switch to the Families tab because the word family is all over the screen.

Please implement this feature - it will help a lot when discussing genealogy matters with non-technical and old people.

I wish language was selected this way too.

Thanks,
//Agron

• bertkoor
  • Away
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Greetings from Utrecht, Holland
More
6 years 4 months ago - 6 years 4 months ago #4 by bertkoor

agron wrote: I have had a few cases where I shared a link of a person but then it was hard to get them to switch to the Families tab because the word family is all over the screen.

This would be a good feature to have. Especially tabs like Google Maps and Source information of a person cannot be addressed directly.
But the rest is! The interactive tree can be accessed through the Charts menu.

And if it's the Family information you want to share, then give them a link to the Family record instead of the Person.
Eg dev.webtrees.net/demo-stable/family.php?famid=f82&ged=demo
instead of dev.webtrees.net/demo-stable/individual.php?pid=i199&ged=demo

Secondly you can give them a screen print with the rectangle where to click circled in red. Easy to do with Paint.

stamboom.BertKoor.nl runs on webtrees v1.7.13
Last edit: 6 years 4 months ago by bertkoor.

More
6 years 4 months ago #5 by fisharebest
Replied by fisharebest on topic How can a particular tab be activated with a link
Code for this has already been added.

For example, this link will open the "families" tab of the individual.

dev.webtrees.net/demo-dev/individual.php...d=demo#tab-relatives

I will probably chnage this up before the release, so that the "tab-" part is not needed. (It's there to prevent the browser scrolling down to the tab).

Greg Roach - greg@subaqua.co.uk - @fisharebest@phpc.social - fisharebest.webtrees.net

More
6 years 1 month ago #6 by WGroleau

fisharebest wrote: … For example, this link will open the "families" tab of the individual.

dev.webtrees.net/demo-dev/individual.php?pid=i1&ged=demo#tab- relatives

(Emphasis added) This is nice, but it would be more intuitive were the name on the tab and in the URI to match. Of course, I understand that the tab names change with language, but if English is the majority, they could match in English.

It would be possible for attributes to change with language, but that would add a lot of complexity that I don't recommend.

--
Wes Groleau
UniGen.us/

More
6 years 1 month ago #7 by fisharebest
Can you create an issue on github so that this doesn't get forgotten. Thanks