Please do NOT expect all Feature Requests to be actioned automatically. Describing your proposal here will ensure the development team are aware of it, and they will give it careful consideration.

TOPIC: To-do list

To-do list 1 year 11 months ago #1

• Herberich
  • New
HI team,

I am using webtrees for several years now (after migrating from phpGedView). - I have about 23.5k individuals in my database with approx. 50 users.
To increase productivity within the team I would like to see a To-Do list as a feature in Webtrees.
I was thinking of the following concept:
- Project -- consists of one or more tasks -- can be assigned to a single person or multiple people -- example: Find parents of Mrs. X
- Task -- part of a project -- can be assigned to a single person only -- examples: Find original birth record of Mrs, X; transcribe birth record of Mrs. X; input birth details and parents of Mrs. X into database.

Further suggestions:
- Tasks and projects should have the option to be marked as complete by the owner (the person assigned to the task/project) and the creator (the person that created the project/task).
- Any admin should be allowed to create projects/tasks.
- Any person that has higher access rights than guest access should be allowed to get tasks assigned or self-assign tasks
- The project owner should be the creator of the project
- Projects, and specifically tasks should be linkable to individuals in the database, maybe even events, multimedia files, etc.
- To allow management, add a module to "my Page" to show all projects as well as owned projects and tasks.
- users can subscribe to status changes of tasks/projects

Thanks in advance for considering my feature request.
Cheers,
Dirk
The administrator has disabled public write access.

To-do list 1 year 11 months ago #2

• thomas52
  • Frequent
  • Western North Carolina
I assume you are already familiar with "Research Tasks?"

"Failure is an amazing teacher." (L'échec est un professeur extraordinaire.)

To-do list 1 year 11 months ago #3

• Herberich
  • New
Hi thomas52,

Nope, I was not aware of the "Research Tasks"... I am working with a vanilla version of webtrees.
I assume that's an additional module? I failed to find any extra info on the webtrees site. Please can you point me into the right direction?
Thanks in advance,
Dirk

To-do list 1 year 11 months ago #4

• thomas52
  • Frequent
  • Western North Carolina
Under "Fact or event" on the individual or family page, on the drop down menu along with birth, marriage, etc., is "Research Task."
Tasks added should show on your "My page" when logged on. "Research Task" can be added as a default to your other facts/events in the Control Panel > Family Trees > Preferences > Edit Preferences > "_TODO"
It should show on your "My Page," if not, you can customize it.
"Failure is an amazing teacher." (L'échec est un professeur extraordinaire.)

To-do list 1 year 11 months ago #5

• Herberich
  • New
Hi thomas52,

Thanks a million! Got it!
Here some extra info in enabling the Research Task functionality, for anybody who would also like to try it out...
The attached screenshot (taken with version 1.7.9) shows how to enable the functionality.

I will test it out to see how I get on with it. - It seems like a basic version of what I did ask for.
Thanks so much for your help,
Dirk

To-do list 5 months 1 week ago #6

• Yvonne K.
  • New
Thanks !
I didn't know this possibility of "Research Tasks".

Have a nice day !
Yvonne K.