Please do NOT expect all Feature Requests to be actioned automatically. Describing your proposal here will ensure the development team are aware of it, and they will give it careful consideration.

TOPIC: Multi Factor Authenitication

Multi Factor Authenitication 1 month 1 week ago #1

• BenMathews
  • New
I was wondering if 2FA had been considered at some point in the past, but, couldn't find anything when searching through the forums. Would this be something that would be better handled by an add-on?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Multi Factor Authenitication 1 month 1 week ago #2

• fisharebest
  • Administrator
There are a few open requests related to authentication. e.g. HTTP basic-auth, facebook/google login, API tokens, etc.

It will need some database changes (to split the wt_user table into acount and identities), and the creation of some interfaces.

So, it is in the plans - but it is not a current priority.

The current code probably has enough hooks to allow a 2FA module to be written - if you don't mind writing something a bit brittle and hacky...

You could replace the existing login form with you own version, and intercept/handle the form submission.
You would also need to do something similar to the user-account page, so users could edit their 2FA credentials.
Greg Roach - This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. - fisharebest.webtrees.net

Multi Factor Authenitication 1 month 1 week ago #3

• BenMathews
  • New
Greg,

Well, based on
fisharebest wrote:
... split the wt_user table into acount and identities ...
(this could irreversibly break things for some people)
fisharebest wrote:
... writing something a bit brittle and hacky ...
(again, this could break things)

and
fisharebest wrote:
... it is in the plans ...
(yay!)

I feel it may be best for me to just be patient.

Thanks,
Ben