Please do NOT expect all Feature Requests to be actioned automatically. Describing your proposal here will ensure the development team are aware of it, and they will give it careful consideration.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Expand "Interactive View" 2 months 5 days ago #1

• bernhardJ
  • bernhardJ's Avatar Topic Author
  • New
  • New
Hi everyone,

as mentioned in my post here , I would like to suggest extending the most useful feature in webtrees for displaying relations: the interactive view.

Here's my wish list:
  1. Allow also horizontal resizing of the box (I think it's way too slim to display more items) - I would always change the css manually to display larger trees. solved by tree_view_full_screen
  2. Add a full screen feature to overcome other elements blocking the view when resizing solved by tree_view_full_screen
  3. Also show siblings in the direction of ancestors (it would only show it parent-to-child, child-to-parent)
  4. Add an "expand all" feature instead of having to click each box to display extended information and image
  5. Add an "expand to descendants" feature to expand the view to, e.g. the descendants of my grandfather's brother

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by bernhardJ.

Expand "Interactive View" 2 months 4 days ago #2

For item 2 there is this module: github.com/UksusoFF/webtrees-tree_view_full_screen

The others I think you would have to develop ... You can create custom modules that handle these things ... I intend to make a module to create some customizations on this screen, for example the one in item 4, but I still need to work on it because I'm out of time ...

* translated by Google

Expand "Interactive View" 2 months 4 days ago #3

• bernhardJ
  • bernhardJ's Avatar Topic Author
  • New
  • New
Excellent, thank you very much! Edited my initial post to reflect your solution, much appreciated!

Expand "Interactive View" 1 week 3 days ago #4

Dieter
Schmidt ⚭ Schwab (Sudetenland) | Hauer ⚭ Bühler (Bayern / BW) | Маринов ⚭ Шаламанова (BG)
webtrees 2.0.10 | PHP 7.3.0 | MySQL 5.6.42 | Apache 2.4.37 | SunOS 5.10

• Page: