Please do NOT expect all Feature Requests to be actioned automatically. Describing your proposal here will ensure the development team are aware of it, and they will give it careful consideration.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

XDNA match 2 weeks 3 days ago #1

• mike@islandancestry.com
  • mike@islandancestry.com's Avatar Topic Author
  • New
  • New
Hi

I was wondering if there was a possibility of adding a feature for DNA matching. For example, select 2 individuals, once selected you select option to do XDNA match. This then highlights individuals ancestors from whom the individuals inherited their "Xdna". This way you could fill out a tree for 2 individuals and identify their common ancestor via xdna matches. Does this sound like something you'd be interested in implementing. I suspect for users who use DNA as a method of tracing common ancestors would find this quite useful.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by mike@islandancestry.com.

XDNA match 2 weeks 3 days ago #2

• thomas52
  • Away
  • Frequent
  • Frequent
  • Western North Carolina
I have been adding to the individual page a "fact:"

1 FACT DNA Relationship
2 OBJE @M6937@
2 NOTE AncestryDNA shows Joseph xxx & Deirdre xxx, (granddaughter of Isabelle xxx, b. 1930, NY, d. 2018, NY,) predicted 3rd cousin (160 centimorgans across 5 segments - extremely high probability), actual 2C1R, see ancstry.me/2SatJKz
2 _ASSO @I15064@

From the individual page, you can click on the individual associated or the "relationship" (if one has been identified) to see the connection.
You can find an example at www.adkins.ws/individual.php?pid=I15909
Adding a feature would be nice, but would involve a LOT of work, and would be a long time coming.
"Failure is an amazing teacher." (L'échec est un professeur extraordinaire.)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page: