Please do NOT expect all Feature Requests to be actioned automatically. Describing your proposal here will ensure the development team are aware of it, and they will give it careful consideration.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Moving (or deleting/adding child 3 months 3 weeks ago #1

• WGroleau
  • WGroleau's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
I just inadvertently added a daughter to the wrong family. I'm not seeing an easy way to remove her.

What I think would be useful would be an icon that could be used to drag an individual from one family to another on the families tab or in the family navigator.

Alternatively (and a bit easier to do, probably) would be something to click on and pop up a form to select or create a different set of parents.
--
Wes Groleau
UniGen.us/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moving (or deleting/adding child 3 months 3 weeks ago #2

• ric2015

WGroleau wrote: I just inadvertently added a daughter to the wrong family. I'm not seeing an easy way to remove her.

navigate to the family page > edit > Change family members

WGroleau wrote: pop up a form to select or create a different set of parents.

individual page > Families tab > Link this individual to an existing family as a child

Drag and drop would only be useful if you had both source and target family displayed on the same page (how to achieve this in general?); Overall I think the existing edit options are sufficient because this feature is required occasionally only.
Richard

webtrees 2.0.15 at cissee.de/webtrees2
Vesta custom modules (Classic Look & Feel, Gov4Webtrees, Shared Places, Extended Relationships) available at cissee.de

Moving (or deleting/adding child 3 months 3 weeks ago #3

• WGroleau
  • WGroleau's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
In my case. it was done by typing the father's name but clicking on the wrong marriage. So both families would always be visible on the child's page and any of the three parents. But drag and drop would be more difficult than the other option. As for the "existing edit options," the only way I could find was editing raw GEDCOM, which took several sxtyeps to get right. After deleting the FAMC entry from the child, the GUI showed her as both her mother and her daughter, with the wrong father as married to all three!
--
Wes Groleau
UniGen.us/

• Page: