Please do NOT expect all Feature Requests to be actioned automatically. Describing your proposal here will ensure the development team are aware of it, and they will give it careful consideration.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Pick name from list 3 months 3 weeks ago #1

• Daelbrecht
  • Daelbrecht's Avatar Topic Author
Hello,
When I enter PART of the surname of an individual, a droplist pops up with suggestions of names in the database containing this PART. You simply pick a suitable name with a mouse click and the name is filled in as the surname name of the individual. I notice however that by doing so the chosen name is not entered between the 2 // on top of the form, it only happens when i enter an addition space behind the chosen surname. If I forget to do so, an individual is created with the name “given name/PART/“. I have to manually correct the PART between the two // to have the correct name, which is very annoying.
Anyway, This takes partly away the advantage of the droplist with names based on PART. A picked name out of the droplist should appear normally also automatically between the 2// without entering this aditional space.
Do I do something wrong? Is this a small bug?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Pick name from list 3 months 3 weeks ago #2

• fisharebest
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
> Is this a small bug?

Yes. github.com/fisharebest/webtrees/issues/3589

The fix will be included in the next release.
Greg Roach - This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. - fisharebest.webtrees.net

Pick name from list 3 months 3 weeks ago #3

• Daelbrecht
  • Daelbrecht's Avatar Topic Author
Great !!!
Is there a droplist function for the given names? I do not see it. But I work on an Ipad, that is perhaps why..

Last edit: by Daelbrecht.
  • Page: