Please do NOT expect all Feature Requests to be actioned automatically. Describing your proposal here will ensure the development team are aware of it, and they will give it careful consideration.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

What to do after editing a story? 3 months 2 days ago #1

• WGroleau
  • WGroleau's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
If I create or edit a story from an INDI’s stories tab, when I click Cancel or Save, I think it should go back to that tab. Instead, it goes to the list of stories. But if I click edit on the list, then Cancel or Save, it should go back to the list (which it does).

That’s my opinion, but what is the user consensus? Should both go to the list, or to the place started from?
--
Wes Groleau
UniGen.us/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by WGroleau.

What to do after editing a story? 3 months 1 day ago #2

• hermann
I would prefer the way you suggested. I always found it wrong as it behaves at the moment.
webtrees 2.0.15 (all available custom modules installed, php 7.4.15, MySQL 5.6) @ ahnen.hartenthaler.eu/
and webtrees 1.7.18 (many custom modules) @ ahnen1.hartenthaler.eu/

What to do after editing a story? 2 months 3 weeks ago #3

• fisharebest
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
The logic has been updated, and will be included in the next release.
Greg Roach - This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. - fisharebest.webtrees.net

What to do after editing a story? 2 months 3 weeks ago #4

• ric2015
On the families tab, the options "Add a son | Add a daughter | Add a child" and "Add a son | Add a daughter | Add a child" (add-child-to-family) as well as "Re-order children" show a similar behavior: Save/cancel does not return to the families tab of individual view, but to the family view.
Richard

webtrees 2.0.15 at cissee.de/webtrees2
Vesta custom modules (Classic Look & Feel, Gov4Webtrees, Shared Places, Extended Relationships) available at cissee.de

What to do after editing a story? 2 months 3 weeks ago #5

• fisharebest
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

ric2015 wrote: On the families tab, the options "Add a son | Add a daughter | Add a child" and "Add a son | Add a daughter | Add a child" (add-child-to-family) as well as "Re-order children" show a similar behavior: Save/cancel does not return to the families tab of individual view, but to the family view.

This has already been fixed in the 2.1 / development code.
Greg Roach - This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. - fisharebest.webtrees.net

• Page: