Please do NOT expect all Feature Requests to be actioned automatically. Describing your proposal here will ensure the development team are aware of it, and they will give it careful consideration.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Customization about meta description of basic pages 3 weeks 3 days ago #1

• PKlimis
  • PKlimis's Avatar Topic Author
I had to change the meta description of Individual page to hide the information about the rest of the family of the person, so I edit the metaDescription function in the IndividualPage.php.

I think that would be usefull to add this option as a Preference for main pages in control panel just as the global Description META tag of the site.

Also it would be better to not show anything if the place of birth/death is unknown than the "Unknown" description or at least to be an option too.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Customization about meta description of basic pages 3 weeks 2 days ago #2

• eh215
Could you perhaps help explain the issue you experienced with the Meta information in more detail?

I am running release 2.0.15 and after looking at a number of Individual pages as a visitor (i.e., not signed in), the information in the meta field is the publicly viewable information from the pages themselves, I am not seeing any privacy issues.

If you look at the pages on your own site, is the information visible on the Individual page what you expected? Are the privacy settings appropriately hiding information you feel should be hidden?

Here is an example from my site:
<meta name="description" content="Birth April 5, 1933 Saint Johns, Death September 6, 1998 Loudoun County, Parents Herold Christian Hunt + Isabel Lucile Wright, Spouse Private, Children Private, Private, Private">
behunt.net/ft
PHP 7.4.16

Customization about meta description of basic pages 3 weeks 2 days ago #3

• PKlimis
  • PKlimis's Avatar Topic Author
It' not a matter of privacy issue at all.

It' is a suggestion about the information that is written on the meta desription of the individual pages for example.

I personally prefer not showing so much details in meta description tag and keep it simple like : Individual Name (Date of Birth - Date Of Death).

So I suggest that this would be a customization in control panel so every admin could set the meta description of the master pages like the one of individuals.

• Page: