Please do NOT expect all Feature Requests to be actioned automatically. Describing your proposal here will ensure the development team are aware of it, and they will give it careful consideration.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Minor formatting idea 1 month 1 week ago #1

• WGroleau
  • WGroleau's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
It occurred to me that new users might easily misinterpret having the "Create a unique filename" immediately above the Title field with the filename field being further to the right without any label next to it. I've attached an image that I think would be more intuitive. But maybe this is a theme question rather than a code question?
Also, if the filename field were to be refilled with the uploaded name, it would be more obvious that it is possible to edit it.
--
Wes Groleau
UniGen.us/
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by WGroleau.

Minor formatting idea 1 month 1 week ago #2

• fisharebest
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
Moving it there would suggest that you could create a unique filename inside a folder.

You can't do this. The unique filename logic creates a file in the top-level folder.
Greg Roach - This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. - fisharebest.webtrees.net

Minor formatting idea 4 days 22 hours ago #3

• WGroleau
  • WGroleau's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member

Moving it there would suggest that you could create a unique filename inside a folder.

You can't do this. The unique filename logic creates a file in the top-level folder.

Can it be changed to pre-pend whatever folder (if any) is selected?
--
Wes Groleau
UniGen.us/

Last edit: by WGroleau.
  • Page: