Web based family history software

Question Showing deletions in the recent changes block.

• WGroleau
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
1 year 10 months ago #1 by WGroleau

in my opinion, deletions should also be listed. Even if they are no longer clickable.
I would agree with this. However, I would suggested that "(deleted)" or a trash can icon be added, and that they not be links that only get a "not found and/or private" page.

Perhaps there could even be a left hand column showing trash bin for deletions, pencil for edits, and plus sign for new records.

--
Wes Groleau
UniGen.us/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 10 months ago #2 by fisharebest
Replied by fisharebest on topic Showing deletions in the recent changes block.
The blocks on the home page are designed to provide interesting links for visitors to your site.

Is a deleted record really interesting?

Greg Roach - greg@subaqua.co.uk - @fisharebest@phpc.social - fisharebest.webtrees.net

More
1 year 10 months ago #3 by ungeahnt
Replied by ungeahnt on topic Showing deletions in the recent changes block.

The blocks on the home page are designed ...

I had the 'recent changes' block as admin on my MyPage ... haven't read anywhere that the block is only for visitors on the home page ;)

... are designed to provide interesting links for visitors to your site.

Maybe you should change the title to 'Some selected recent changes'. ;)

I think not every wt-user/admin is aware of the limited scope.

... Is a deleted record really interesting?

Meanwhile, the use case you have in mind is clear to me and probably a visitor will have little interest in deletions.
It's just a pity, because I found the compact form very clear, in special for admins on the MyPage. However, more changes would have to be listed for this ... but this is a completely different use case.

Dieter
Schmidt ⚭ Schwab (Sudeten) | Hauer ⚭ Bühler (Bayern / BW) | Маринов ⚭ Шаламанова (България)
webtrees 2.1.17 | PHP 8.1 | MariaDB 10.5