Please do NOT expect all Feature Requests to be actioned automatically. Describing your proposal here will ensure the development team are aware of it, and they will give it careful consideration.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Strictly restrict all data for unlogged users 1 week 6 days ago #1

• webtrees_user
  • webtrees_user's Avatar Topic Author
Hello together,
I'm using webtrees since years now.
As you know, by using the standard webtrees-environment, surnames e.g. are published within the world wide web, even without a logged-in user.

Due to the fact, that a lot of familiy members and I do not agree to publish any data for non-users, I needed to modify some of the php-files to achieve a restrictive webtrees environment.
Now when you open the url, you only get the possibility to login.

Without a login you wont be able to get any sneak preview which surnames are in there. But you can switch the language and theme.

Since I cannot use the automatic update-functional of webtrees due to my customized webtrees-environment, I kindly want to ask you if it would be possible to provide this behaviour as a standard feature, which could be toggled via the administration-setting e.g?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Strictly restrict all data for unlogged users 1 week 6 days ago #2

• bertkoor
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Greetings from Utrecht, Holland
I understand you want visitors to have no access at all. This already exists and has always existed. We call that a "private" tree. You can set that up as follows, first thing in the Privacy options of a tree:

What exactly did you have modified for what you required?
stamboom.BertKoor.nl runs on webtrees v1.7.13
Attachments:

Last edit: by bertkoor.

Strictly restrict all data for unlogged users 1 week 5 days ago #3

• webtrees_user
  • webtrees_user's Avatar Topic Author
Thank you for your answer.
I forgot to mention that I require also the self-sign-up function for visitors, since there are a lot of potential users.

To achieve this I've put
$controller->restrictAccess(Auth::check($WT_TREE))
into the php-files.

Or would there be another possibility to activate the sign-up-function within the solution you have mentioned?

Strictly restrict all data for unlogged users 1 week 5 days ago #4

• fisharebest
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

Thank you for your answer.
I forgot to mention that I require also the self-sign-up function for visitors, since there are a lot of potential users.

To achieve this I've put
$controller->restrictAccess(Auth::check($WT_TREE))
into the php-files.

Or would there be another possibility to activate the sign-up-function within the solution you have mentioned?

You must enable this feature.

Control panel -> Sign-in and registration -> Allow visitors to request a new user account -> yes

Now, a user can register, even if all trees are private.

After a user registers, the admin will need to give access to the tree (read-only, edit, etc.).
Greg Roach - This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. - fisharebest.webtrees.net

• Page: